Contact Center Representative
- USA Only
Contact Center Representative
- Remote / Home Office
Driven. Engaging. Innovative. Do these words motivate you? If so, then we want to talk with you. Academy of Art University offers a rewarding employment experience for those who excel in a dynamic environment and who can consistently deliver high-caliber customer service. We thrive on ingenuity and pursue ideas every day that lead to extraordinary opportunities for tomorrow.
Academy of Art University is seeking enthusiastic, customer-oriented individuals to join the Call Center Team. This is a full-time, entry-level position with incredible opportunity for growth within all departments of the Academy. If you are eager to develop your customer service skills and begin your first step towards your next professional career, we encourage you to apply today!
- Respond to, assess, and forward heavy inbound phone calls to the appropriate department or personnel.
- Efficiently obtain information from Academy callers, prospective and current students, educators and/or industry contacts.
- Perform heavy outbound call activities to support Academy’s Admissions efforts in setting up students for success through Open House, Campus Visits and other Academy event invites and opportunities.
- Ensure Academy of Art University calls and inquiries are handled with highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure proper protocol and procedures are followed across all Academy interactions from all communication channels.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Hours: M-Th 11am-8pm, Friday 9am-6pm, with rotating Saturdays 9am-5:30pm
- Excellent and professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous receptionist or call center experience preferred.
- Ability to listen attentively and assess callers’ needs.
- Ability to organize, problem solve, multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Salesforce and PeopleSoft is a plus but not required.
- Excellent computer experience, MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Compensation: $17.50 per hour
Academy of Art University offers full-time employees access to health insurance (medical, dental and vision), Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options, 401k options, a commuter benefit program, paid vacation based on years of service (15 days’ accrual at start), paid holidays, paid sick leave, bereavement leave and other leave as applicable to California-based employees. The Academy’s Employee Referral Program provides a monetary reward to employees if someone they referred is hired and all other eligibility requirements are met. Employees are also afforded access to basic life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance coverage.
Academy of Art University is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered regardless of age, Aids or HIV positive status, marital status, domestic partnership, medical condition or genetic characteristics, race or national origin, pregnancy, religion, sex, gender identity, gender or sexual orientation, name change, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other status protected by federal, state, local or other law.