Consumer Mkts Sales Rep
- USA Only
- 1 applicant
Consumer Mkts Sales Rep
Location: GA, US
Salary Range: $45,000 – $105,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all… The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America’s best- known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Work Designation. Depending on your location within the continental US, this role may be hybrid or remote.
- If you live within 50 miles of the Aflac offices located in Columbus, GA or Columbia, SC, this role will be hybrid. This means you will be expected to work in the office for at least 60% of the work week. You will work from your home (within the continental US) for the remaining portion of the work week. Details of this schedule will be discussed with your leadership.
- If you live more than 50 miles from the Aflac offices located in Columbus, GA or Columbia, SC, this role will be remote. This means you will be expected to work from your home, within the continental US. If the role is remote, there may be occasions that you are requested to come to the office based on business need. Any requests to come to the office would be communicated with you in advance.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Knowledge of the concepts and techniques of call center or insurance
- Working knowledge of sales-based processes or call center operations
- High degree of accuracy and quality, ability to check one’s work prior to submission
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with potential customers
- Ability to maintain professionalism
- Adherence to privacy regulations
- An understanding of the applications and systems currently in use within a call center or sales environment
- Microsoft Excel, Intermediate
- Microsoft Word, Intermediate
Education & Experience Required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Life and Accident/Health Insurance License
- Successful completion of Life, Accident/Health Insurance licensing exam
- Previous sales/call center experience
- One year of professional job related work experience
- Six month waiting period between previous employment as an Aflac Tier One employee and an Aflac 1099 agent
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive inbound calls and make outbound calls to customers who enter the Direct to Consumer lead funnel
- Gather information necessary to offer a quote while answering questions and setting proper expectations regarding products and the sales process.
- Submit accurate enrollment applications on behalf of the customer
- Manage outbound follow-up calls to qualified prospects who have not yet enrolled
- Cultivate strong relationships with customers by consistently using the prescribed sales process.
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $45,000 to $105,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.