- USA Only
- 4 applicants (31%)
Operating Company: Fortive Corporate
Category: Marketing & Communications
Job Schedule (FT/PT): Full-Time
Job Level: Manager Without Direct Reports
Requisition Number: FOR001061
Everett, Washington, United States
Remote, United States
Are you an innovative and imaginative communicator who wants to make work fun and empowering for everyone? We are looking for a Communications Manager who’s eager to support our employees through clear, creative, and compelling communications!
Your content will help build an employer brand engine, designed to champion, attract, and keep the people we need on our global team for the future. You are an effective storyteller with a journalistic drive and curiosity. You have a passion for multimedia cross-channel storytelling, strong attention to detail, and excellent research and relationship-building skills. The ideal candidate welcomes a collaborative, fast-paced culture, and takes on new opportunities with a growth mindset!
- Develop cross-platform content strategy and maintain/drive internal communications content calendar
- Join our cross-functional team to develop and bring communications alive through our website, careers site, internal and external social platforms, and other emerging digital communications tools
- Collaborate with multiple team members to help craft content strategy and drive general day-to-day operations
- Write and edit inspiring, clear, and concise copy, produce stories, videos, graphics to support all operational partners across the organization
- Proactively identify and carry out opportunities for relevant, original, compelling storytelling to support Fortive’s culture and people
- Partner effectively with external agencies and consultants, providing creative direction, feedback, information and assets to ensure high quality projects are delivered on time and on-budget
- Run and implement an editorial calendar for simultaneous campaigns
- Maintain all digital asset management including produced videos, b-roll, audio files, imagery, graphics, and logos
- Understand and evangelize our brand voice and guidelines while providing materials for internal clients and external vendors as needed
- Support Fortive-wide events, such as the Fortive Leadership Conference and Day of Caring, with event management responsibilities such as giveaways and event promotion support
You’ll report to Fortive’s Senior Director, Corporate Communications, and join a dynamic, adaptable, and growth-oriented Communications team which consists of the Vice President, Communications and Brand; Senior Director, Communications and Change Management; Digital Marketing Manager; and number of creative agencies. You will also collaborate closely with internal and external partners, including Fortive leaders, operating company leaders, vendors, and suppliers.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field required.
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling content that engages, educates, and moves partners to action. Content development experience required, and samples will be requested.
- Experience developing and delivering communications in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment.
- Experience with internal communications and employee engagement.
- Experience developing and implementing web-based content/communications.
- Experience managing creative agencies and working with consultants required.
- Experience in graphic design, layout, and video editing using tools such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, iMovie, etc. strongly preferred
- Experience with presentation (PPT) development strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
- An ambitious self-starter with a bias for action and a commitment to excellence
- Creative communicator and problem solver, who sees opportunities in novel challenges
- Passionate about creating an exceptional employee experience
- Accountable and savvy. Able to exercise sound judgement, work through ambiguity, and maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent time manager, with the ability to balance multiple time sensitive projects and meet deadlines
- Able to build trusted relationships with team and partners at all levels across a global company
- Diplomatic in resolving problems and in counseling customers
- Ability to excel at boiling down complex concepts for all to understand
- A fast learner who can quickly absorb core messages and weave them in seamlessly
- Limited travel to cover events, join meetings, etc. (~10%)
- Although remote candidates will be considered, candidates in Everett, WA are preferred
Key Performance Indicators:
- Content engagement metrics
- On time delivery of content
- Team member satisfaction (current and prospective employees; internal customers)
We are a diverse team 17,000 strong, united by a dynamic, inclusive culture and energized by limitless learning and growth. We use the proven Fortive Business System (FBS) to accelerate our positive impact.
At Fortive, we believe in you. We believe in your potential—your ability to learn, grow, and make a difference.
At Fortive, we believe in us. We believe in the power of people working together to solve problems no one could solve alone.
At Fortive, we believe in growth. We’re honest about what’s working and what isn’t, and we never stop improving and innovating.
Fortive: For you, for us, for growth.
Ready to move your career forward? Find out more at careers.fortive.com.
Fortive’s essential technology makes the world stronger, safer, and smarter. We accelerate transformation across a broad range of applications including environmental, health and safety compliance, industrial condition monitoring, next-generation product design, and healthcare safety solutions.
We are a global industrial technology innovator with a startup spirit. Our forward-looking companies lead the way in software-powered workflow solutions, data-driven intelligence, AI-powered automation, and other disruptive technologies. We’re a force for progress, working alongside our customers and partners to solve challenges on a global scale, from workplace safety in the most demanding conditions to groundbreaking sustainability solutions.
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. Fortive and all Fortive Companies are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should ask to speak with a Human Resources representative to request an accommodation.
Everett, WA: The salary range for this position is $96,370- $178,940
National: The salary range for this position is $83,800- $155,600
This position is also eligible for bonus and equity as part of the total compensation package.
Base pay offered may vary depending on various factors, including, but not limited to: job-related knowledge; skills; experience; and other eligibility factors such as geographic location. The Total Rewards package includes competitive base pay and an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and several programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.