Assistant Media Buyer
- USA Only
- 3 applicants
Assistant Media Buyer
WHO WE ARE
Crossmedia is the global media independent. We’re committed to doing media and business the right way, guided by the principles of TRUST, REASON and the pursuit of HAPPINESS. Crossmedia US was founded in NY in 2000 and is one of the largest minority-owned full service media planning & buying agencies in the nation. Together with our network partners in Germany and the UK, we are 600+ Crossmedians worldwide with big ambitions to continue to grow with soul.
We focus on what media agencies should do: create innovative connections between brands and people regardless of channel or budget. And, we do it in an honest way. We are and always have been a values-based organization. We earn our clients TRUST by ensuring media transparency in our business model and objectivity in decision-making. We apply REASON & logic to everything and have one of the leading analytics groups in the industry committed to uncovering data insights to drive solutions. The pursuit of HAPPINESS matters to us. Big time. We invest in each colleague s professional & personal well-being and growth. It’s why we have countless initiatives, clubs & cultural events dedicated to our people and why we ve been the top ranked media agency on Ad Age’s Best Places to Work for the past four years in a row.
In the US, we have offices in New York, Philadelphia, and Los Angeles. Our client roster includes US Bank, White Castle, NASCAR, Tommy Hilfiger, Planet Fitness, Illva Saronno, Lightbox, European Wax Center, Invesco, Corebridge Financial, and more.
We are searching for our next Assistant Buyer to join our One Marketplace team. This role is involved with the implementation, monitoring and stewardship of local and national broadcast buys and schedules. This is a great entry-level opportunity to those passionate about learning planning /buying of media across the advertising industry. Here is a snapshot of your day-to-day
- Partner with the One Market place team to assist on planning/implementing both local and national media buys for a variety of clients.
- Monitor and maintain schedules to ensure delivery to client goals and estimates.
- Handle reconciliation and billing deadlines and work with finance and accounts payable to streamline process and meet deadlines.
- Provide tracking reports and post-buy delivery analyses on quarterly and annual bases.
- Handle requests for various clients, including data collection for information regarding television ratings/programming and industry/ marketplace/technology trends.
- Assist and collaborate with Supervisors and Directors across accounts on budget allocation and goals
- 3-6 months + experience working in a TV/Radio Media buying role [highly preferred]
- Previous media, marketing or advertising agency experience.
- Proficiency with Media Ocean, SQAD or related buying programs (preferred]
- Highly organized and a proactive team member who is capable of juggling and multitasking.
- A strong desire to build a career in Media.
HYBRID WORK: Please note this role requires a candidate with proximity to our NY office. We offer a hybrid work setting with employees working both onsite and from home.
SALARY: $43,000 – $48,000k – commensurate with experience. Compensation will be determined based on the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position.
Our principles of Trust, Reason, and the Pursuit of Happiness are brought to life through benefits that recognize and support the diversity and physical, emotional, and professional well-being of our people, including:
- Work from anywhere flexibility including hybrid/remote office options to empower you to work your way
- Open PTO policy and paid sabbaticals at significant milestone anniversaries
- Fully-funded healthcare options and agency-wide physical & mental health support
- 401(k) with company match, student loan relief program and financial counseling support
- Generous paid parental leave policy
- Life milestone recognition & support
- The Pursuit of Happiness Fund devoted to helping Crossmedians find their happy (be it travel, enrichment class, fitness membership or professional development)
- Cell phone/tech reimbursement
- Student Loan payment plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- And burgers lots and lots of burgers
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Diversity is in our DNA. As a minority-owned company, our commitment to an inclusive environment has long been embedded into agency practices and at every level. Almost one third of senior leadership identifies as a person of color and over half of our executive leadership are women. We have active mentoring & internship programs that create opportunities for underrepresented groups. Internal agency programming is anchored by XMEquity365, a permanent, year-round initiative fostering acknowledgement and support of marginalized communities within five pillars Excellence, Voices, Education, Giving & Representation.
Crossmedia is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and creating a diverse and inclusive company culture and that does not discriminate against candidates and employees because of their disability, sex, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements, business necessities and/or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws).
Continued employment remains on an at-will basis. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Ability to stand, bend, and reach
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- The ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).