Account Manager - Retirement
- USA Only
- 0 applicants
Int Account Manager-Retirement
Work From Home, USA
Account / Relationship Management
Who We Are
Transamerica has been helping people feel better about the future for more than 100 years. We provide investment, retirement, and life insurance solutions to more than 11 million customers throughout the U.S. But the way we see it, our responsibility goes beyond our clients’ accounts. We’re in the business of helping people live well and empowering them to create a better tomorrow through the financial and health-related habits they form today. We help people prepare by providing solutions that consider the whole picture.
What We Do
Transamerica is organized by lines of business (Life Insurance, Annuities, Mutual Funds, Retirement Plans, Employee Benefits, and Financial Assets), which are supported by Transamerica Corporate (Corporate Development; Finance; Internal Audit; Legislative, Regulatory & Policy; Office of the CEO; People, Places & Brand; Risk; and Technology).
Job Description Summary
Provide outstanding customer service with daily retirement plan administration by responding to inquiries, researching and providing resolution to customers. Utilize excellent client service skills by partnering with Client Executives and internal partners to enhance customer relationships and satisfaction.
- Under minimal supervision, provide support for daily administration of retirement plans. Identify customer expectations and develop a strong working relationship.
- Coordinate with manager to research issues and negotiate problem resolution.
- Develop and foster proactive, positive relationships with clients, financial professionals and internal service teams to ensure client retention, growth of the client service block and profitability for stakeholders.
- Provide prompt, accurate and consistent information that meets or exceeds quality metrics.
- Recognize and communicate possible improvements to management.
- Collaborate with internal partners to address client needs, develop and maintain action plans, and consult on products, services, and capabilities to successfully arrive at solutions for retaining clients and resolving complex client issues.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of recordkeeping, outsourcing and processing capabilities.
- Attend training to obtain functional retirement plan knowledge such as various plan design, plan specific requirements (life insurance, SDA’s, outside assets, stock, outsourcing, etc.).
- Gather data from multiple systems to interpret, trouble-shoot and resolve problems with limited management assistance.
- Lead effective/strategic client meetings either face-to-face or via conference call.
- Assist with mentoring new account managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business field or equivalent education/experience
- Three years of customer relationship experience, including one year of retirement or financial services industry experience
- Knowledge of daily administration of retirement plans
- Excellent relationship management and ability to communicate with clients in a professional manner, orally and in writing
- Effective presentation, influence and negotiation skills
- Ability to align behaviors and work to Transamerica’s Future Fit Culture, which includes Acting as One, Accountability, Agility, and Customer Centricity
- Proficiency using MS Office tools, including Excel
- ASPPA designations (e.g. RPF, QKA) and/or related certifications
- Knowledge of internal systems (P3, Workplace Platform, AQT, etc.)
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Office environment
- May travel (up to 10%) for client meetings and sales presentation finals
*Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules and other compensation posting laws. It is estimated based on what a successful candidate might be paid in certain Company locations.*
The Salary for this position generally ranges between $44,500 – $72,000 annually. This range is an estimate, based on potential qualifications and operational needs. The range may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule 4.1.2 and other applicable local regulations.
This position is also typically eligible for an Annual Bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at Company Discretion at a rate of 7.5%.
What We Offer
For eligible employees, we offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support both the personal and financial well-being of our employees.
- Competitive Pay
- Bonus for Eligible Employees
- Pension Plan
- 401k Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Disability Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Career Training & Development Opportunities
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits
- Paid Time Off starting at 160 hours annually for employees in their first year of service.
- Ten (10) paid holidays per year (typically mirroring the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) holidays).
- Be Well Company holistic wellness program, which includes Wellness Coaching and Reward Dollars
- Parental Leave – fifteen (15) days of paid parental leave per calendar year to eligible employees with at least one year of service at the time of birth, placement of an adopted child, or placement of a foster care child.
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- College Coach Program
- Back-Up Care Program
- PTO for Volunteer Hours
- Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Employee Resource Groups
- Inclusion and Diversity Programs
- Employee Recognition Program
- Referral Bonus Programs
- Peer Recognition Program (BRAVO)
Inclusion & Diversity
Transamerica has made a strong commitment to inclusion and diversity, and we are proud to be an organization where all perspectives are valued. Transamerica has earned recognition for its strong efforts year-over-year, including from the Human Rights Campaign’s Foundation Corporate Equality Index, the Diversity Best Practices Inclusion Index, and Seramount’s “100 Best Companies” list.
In addition, as part of Transamerica’s commitment to maintaining an inclusive workplace, the company sponsors employee-driven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), which are formed around a shared interest or a common characteristic of diversity. ERGs are open to all employees and provide a supportive environment for raising diversity awareness and promoting inclusive behavior.
Transamerica believes our responsibilities extend beyond our corporate walls. That’s why we created the Aegon Transamerica Foundation in 1994. Through a combination of financial grants and the volunteer commitment of our employees, this foundation supports nonprofit organizations focused on the education, health, and well-being of the communities where we live and work.
Transamerica’s Parent Company
Aegon acquired the Transamerica business in 1999. Aegon’s roots go back more than 175 years to the first half of the nineteenth century. Since then, Aegon has grown into an international company, with businesses in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Today, Aegon is one of the world’s leading financial services organizations, providing life insurance, pensions, and asset management. As a leading global investor and employer, the company seeks to have a positive impact by addressing critical environmental and societal issues, with a focus on climate change and inclusion and diversity.
Transamerica | Protecting Your Wealth and Health since 1906
Aegon Group Corporate Website | Aegon
Transamerica Leadership – Standing For Financial Innovation Since 1906 | Transamerica