- USA Only
- BRAND PARTNERSHIPS
Wattpad is a global multiplatform entertainment company whose vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. Since 2006, we’ve been on a mission to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world. Every month 90 million people around the world spend over 23 billion minutes on Wattpad to share and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else. Our brand banner includes: Wattpad, Wattpad Labs, Wattpad WEBTOON Studios, Wattpad Books and Wattpad Brand Partnerships. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Come build the future of entertainment and storytelling, and write your next chapter with us!
We’re currently looking for an Account Manager to join our Wattpad Brand Partnerships Account Management team! As a critical member of the team, you’ll lead the development and execution of brand campaigns, from creative ideation sessions and proposal writing all the way through to final reporting. You’ll work cross-functionally with marketing, ad-operations, as well as product and engineering teams to ensure a seamless client advertising experience. This is an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager who’s seeking a creative role with a high degree of autonomy!
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage key relationships and communicate Wattpad’s value proposition with stakeholders across brands and agencies to sell and complete successful advertising campaigns on Wattpad
- Prepare creative sales proposals, respond to RFP’s, and provide strategic recommendations to our sales team
- Develop project scheduling for both internal and external groups to ensure campaigns run smoothly and on time
- Act as the day-to-day contact for our varied roster of clients – brand direct as well as agency partners
- Work cross organizationally with ad operations, product, marketing, and engineering teams to optimize campaigns and ensure we achieve or exceed client KPIs
- Track, analyze, and report on campaigns
What we’re looking for?
- A dedicated passion for writing, writers, and storytelling
- Experience in the full life cycle of advertising campaigns from proposal and creative development through operation and full reporting
- Strong excel and data skills are a must!
- Someone who thrives in client-facing environments; you’re a self starter and work well independently
- At least 2 years of advertising account management experience in a similar startup environment or agency setting
Bonus points for:
- Experience with contesting, experiential events, and first-to-market campaigns
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Lover of pop culture, film, and television
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals
- Health benefits, fully covered by us!
- RRSP Contributions (Canada), 401K Contributions (USA)
- Generous vacation and Parental Leave Top-up
- Monthly home office allowance, choice of hardware, flexible hours, and remote work options
- Corporate discount for gym membership for you and your family
- Summer Fridays with afternoons off!
- And a whole lot more!
Wattpad is conducting all interviews in a distributed manner using applicable third party software where needed and using visual interface tools such as Google Hangouts and Zoom.
- Who are we? Entrepreneurs and Do-ers. Our vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories, and our mission is to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world.
- What does that mean? We are visionaries, community builders, passionate problem solvers, storytellers, coffee snobs (tea drinkers, too!), curious by nature, and culturally diverse.
- What are we obsessed with? Our users. Solving complex problems and maximizing flow. Learning constantly. Building the next great storytelling product. Finding the greatest stories ever told. Dogs (and cats), coffee, and good snacks.
- How do we work? Autonomously, collaboratively, respectfully. Balancing with work, family, and play…and all while having a great time.
Wattpad is a remote friendly company and encourages remote candidates to apply as long as they are located and authorized to work in either the US or Canada (excluding Quebec) as a precondition of employment. We are not able to sponsor applicants for work permits.
Culture and Diversity
Wattpad is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Period.
Wattpad welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We have taken a leadership position on creating a culture and an organization that truly values diversity. We are committed to fostering a global team that reflects the diversity of the Wattpad community. At Wattpad, we believe cultural fit doesn’t mean culturally identical, and diversity of thought helps us to challenge one another to think big and think differently. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability status or any other protected status.
If you have any special needs or accessibility requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.