- USA Only
- 0 applicants
Account Executive (Texas – Remote)
Location:Remote , United States
Role Type: Full Time
Location: Fully Remote (You can be based anywhere in the United States!)
Reports To: Senior VP School Revenue
About This Role
Are you ready to make a difference? Parallel is seeking a motivated Account Executive to join our team! In this role, you’ll act as a full-life-cycle sales owner responsible for new business sales in K-12 schools (charter, private, and public elementary/primary school districts). You’ll own the entire sales cycle from prospecting to close. As an Account Executive at Parallel, you’ll build strong relationships with senior-level School District Officials across the country while showcasing Parallel’s services and the value we offer.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to:
- Make an impact
- Help transform an antiquated industry
- Work somewhere mission-driven
- Work somewhere flexible, supportive, and collaborative
- Work somewhere with un parallel ed opportunities for growth
- Join a female-led and DEI-focused organization
- Work somewhere that is team-oriented and where people are equipped to succeed
- Join a fast-growing startup, backed by top VCs, on the ground floor
What You’ll Do
- Become knowledgeable about all of Parallel’s products and services, personas of our prospective customers, and be able to speak fluently to the value of our products and services
- Own the full-cycle sales process, from prospecting, discovery, demo, proposal, negotiations to closing
- Establish long-term relationships with customers that will drive revenue generation and retention
- Maintain customer and deal contact records and notes accurately in our CRM – HubSpot
- Carry an annual Logo and revenue target quota for sales of Parallel’s services
- Partner with the customer success team to ensure contracted revenue is realized as well as to facilitate contract renewals and upsells
- Contribute to process and messaging improvements to the Parallel sales playbook
What You’ll Need
This position is perfect for someone with several years of experience in full cycle sales, particularly with experience selling to schools and school districts. What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Prior experience in business development, sales, or account management (typically gained after 2-5 years of experience in the field)
- Proven experience carrying and exceeding quotas in fast-paced, high-growth organizations
- To be a strong and empathetic communicator over phone and email
- To be comfortable with making cold calls
- Ability to think on your feet and problem solve
- To be detail oriented and possess excellent written communication skills
- Hunger to learn, grow, and succeed within a fast-paced start-up environment!
- Prior experience with HubSpot or other CRM tools
- Bonus points if you have prior experience partnering with schools and school districts
Parallel is the first tech-forward provider of care for learning and thinking differences across the United States. We believe learning differences are parallel ways of thinking that should be celebrated! Our mission is to provide students with the resources and encouragement to succeed in the classroom and beyond. To us, this means helping them build confidence in their unique strengths and create strategies to work around their challenges.
Parallel simplifies the process of getting support for learning differences by consolidating providers and resources on a single platform. We connect students with qualified professionals while significantly reducing waiting times, costs, and confusion. We provide a variety of services, including:
- Psychological Assessment & Therapy
- Speech-Language Therapy
- Special Education
- And more!
Want to know what it’s like working here? Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
At Parallel, we believe in celebrating differences. This belief extends from schools into our workplace and through the ways we work together toward our mission. We are committed to fostering a diverse, accessible environment that represents many different cultures, backgrounds, viewpoints, and abilities by championing diversity, equity and inclusion.
This is why we are committed to having and fostering a diverse workforce, including those from historically marginalized groups, and are committed to a work environment where employees’ strengths are championed, differences are celebrated, and no one is discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization in order to build the foundation for different learners and thinkers to thrive.