Vice President of People
- USA Only
VP of People
We are looking for a passionate People Ops leader who can drive HR strategy through our next phase of growth.
We are looking for our first VP of People who will fully own strategic and operational planning for our growing team. We want someone experienced in knowing how we should be supporting our people at all levels of the organization and is passionate about defining and executing new initiatives that continue to make Kevel an exceptional place to work.
Location: Anywhere in the US. This is a fully remote position – applicants located anywhere within the US are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Participate in strategic and operational planning; partner with the leadership team to design optimal organizational structures that support company strategy, scale and individual growth.
- Build a performance management program that helps us promote, recognize and reward excellence against business goals, while driving transparent feedback.
- Build scalable hiring practices to attract, recruit, assess, and onboard remarkable talent. Design employment branding initiatives that increase brand awareness.
- Help take our core values to the next level by providing further guidance to employees on what it looks like to live out these core values in all decisions, programs, and processes; develop a framework for measurement that is observable and tangible.
- Create an employee experience strategy that touches all points of the employee lifecycle and provides an exceptional environment for all employees.
- Drive scalable solutions around making our leaders better managers; provide coaching and feedback to our existing leadership team and develop programs that prepare high-potential employees for management roles.
- Lead and build an HR team and process that supports each individual at the company; Identify and set KPIs related to people to measure impact of team’s initiatives.
- Build scalable learning and development programs that aid in growing our team’s capabilities and drive employee retention.
- Partner with the leadership team to understand and anticipate hiring and development needs against the capabilities needed to meet business goals; prepare updated headcount plans and forecasts.
- Develop systems and processes to drive documentation for critical roles to reduce risk in the event of employee’s departing with tribal knowledge; liaise with counsel on employment matters as necessary.
Skills you’ll bring with you:
- Demonstrated ability to scale programs and practices— ideally, you’ve helped a company grow from 50 to 200+ people.
- Ability to challenge the team/organization while holding them accountable for their commitments.
- An approachable demeanor that inspires trust and confidence from leaders and individual contributors.
- Demonstrated focus and priority on developing leading Diversity and Inclusion programs across the organization.
- Experience leading teams of fully remote employees – across the US and UK
- Experience within high growth software tech companies is preferred.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- You will be a part of an inclusive and collaborative team environment where all opinions and values are heard.
- We operate remotely. While we are a fully distributed team across the US and UK, we do have offices in Durham NC, London, and San Francisco
- You’ll receive world class benefits including:
- 100% company paid health, vision, and dental for you and your family.
- Paid parental leave benefits (12 weeks paid maternity, 4 weeks paid paternity)
- Free press benefits
- 401k (with 4% company match)
- Unlimited vacation (with total support to take at least 5 consecutive days off per year)
- 15 Paid Holidays including Kevel Holiday Break (12/24 – 1/1 every year!)
- Flexible schedules (you decide when and where you work best)
- We embrace transparency and encourage you to read more about what we value through our Company Constitution and Employee Bill of Rights, our About Kevel page, and Careers Page.
Kevel (previously Adzerk) offers the infrastructure APIs needed to quickly build custom ad platforms for sponsored listings, internal promotions, native ads, and more. We are committed to helping publishers drive new revenue and take back the Internet from ad tech giants like Google, Amazon, and Facebook.
Kevel is based in Durham, NC with locations in San Francisco and London. We embrace remote working culture with over half of our team working outside of Durham, spread across the United States and United Kingdom. Kevel is proud to be an inclusive workplace with one goal in common — we want to make the internet a better place.
As one of our core values, Kevel is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide Diversity & Inclusion Training for all of our employees and hold ourselves accountable to creating a truly inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.