Vice President of Operations and Chief of Staff
- 9 applicants (56%)
Vice President of Operations and Chief of Staff
Funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV, Riverwood Capital, and others with over $290 million in funding, SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings and the only service with over 12M+ organizations continuously rated. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 30,000 organizations for enterprise risk management, third-party risk management, board reporting, due diligence, and cyber insurance underwriting. This is done by measuring your and your vendors’ cyber-health by assigning a security rating of “A” through “F” based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. SecurityScorecard continues to make the world a safer place by transforming the way companies understand, improve and communicate cybersecurity risk to their boards, employees, and vendors.
SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 500 employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a “Best Workplace,” “Best Places to Work in NYC” by Crain’s NY, and one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
The Vice President of Operations and Chief of Staff is a high-visibility partner that supports the CEO with effective project management, execution, and acceleration of complex and confidential initiatives. From day one, the Chief of Staff will have an immediate impact on the company’s productivity by providing the organizational and communication framework for employees and leadership team members to implement the CEO’s vision and goals.
- Acts as an extension of the CEO in following up on the status of initiatives or action items with internal and external stakeholders or passing feedback from the CEO to the business unit owner
- Operate at a tactical and operational level, handling the oversight of projects that do not neatly fit within the organizational chart or that fall between departments or leadership areas of responsibility
- Complement the CEO’s visionary strength and strong ideation skillset with strong project management and execution skills
- Knowledgeable about our customers, product, services, and platform – able to explain enough to “sell”
- Proactively identify opportunities to make the CEO’s job easier – understanding what’s on his mind, understanding the pain points, and proactively removing roadblocks to address
- Ensure action items are executed on behalf of the CEO
- Serve as a true business leader by working cross-functionally to identify additional revenue opportunities, kinks in the hose across the enterprise for us to fix, and tell us where there are inefficiencies and red tape.
- Work collaboratively with the CEO’s Executive Assistant to set a cadence for leadership meetings, including structuring reminders to promote company rhythm. Additionally, collaborate to organize company retreats, conferences, and other special events.
- Proactively follow up with the CEO’s team if and when goals are not being achieved and raise reminders for the CEO’s consideration
- Maintain a tracker of high priority initiatives for the CEO to help him identify any/potential obstacles
- Provide analysis and research to the CEO upon request
- Prepare for and follow up on meetings: Prepare the CEO for meetings by soliciting the input of the senior leadership team and collating relevant inputs and information for review
- Manage internal and external communications: as a partner to the CEO, write the first draft of company newsletters, reports, pitch decks, speeches, and presentations on their behalf.
- Taking precise meeting notes and tracking meeting follow ups
- Tracking high priority initiatives for the executive and identifying any obstacles
- Communicating initiative status to the executive
- Working collaboratively with the finance team to create reporting dashboards to track changes in key metrics
- Attending meetings with software and other vendors of interest in place of the executive
- Ability to get the job done: you are high achieving, results-driven, and tenacious. You will find a way no matter what to finish what is asked of you, even and especially when the task is challenging. You are the sort of person who has very high professional integrity and won’t leave the desk until you find a way to accomplish what’s in front of you.
- Emotional intelligence: you are perceptive toward the CEO and other key relationships and know how to develop respect in an organization.
- Loyal and selfless: you are humble enough to work behind the scenes, and by nature, you are extremely loyal.
- Extremely organized project manager – You are known for creating order out of chaos, you project plan and consistently look ahead and anticipate needs before they arise. You are a productivity nut, you have insanely detailed and perfectionist tendencies when it comes to tracking projects and progress; coordination does not phase you.
- Highly agile and adaptable: same day deliverables are your jam; you can spin 180 degrees in a second if it means meeting the needs of the CEO.
- Hard Working, Dedicated, and Passionate: this is not a Monday-to-Friday, 9-to-5 role. The CoS role comes with an incredible opportunity to glimpse into how CEO at a series E company operates and will require hard work. You are the kind of person who loves working, you are passionate about it. You’re the kind of person who works evenings and weekends simply because you are excited and dedicated, and you can’t imagine it any other way.
- Data-driven: you are skilled with reviewing and summarizing research and data sets quickly to present research