- USA Only
- REMOTE USA
- PEOPLE OPERATIONS
Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we don’t plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately can’t help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24×7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
The Starburst team is growing fast, incredibly fast, as we look to nearly double in size in 2021. We describe our day to day as if we are building and flying the airplane at the same time, which is why we’re looking for another Technical Recruiter to join our crew.
This position is a contract role expected to last between 3-6 months with the opportunity to either renew or convert to full-time based on your success in the role and the needs of the company.
The ideal candidate…
- Has proven high-volume experience recruiting software engineers.
- Loves the hunt and is effective at sourcing passive candidates.
- Is numbers-driven, maybe even a little obsessed, with meeting and exceeding goals.
- Can close candidates with the right balance of consideration, transparency, and drive.
- Knows how to manage relationships with multiple different stakeholders.
- Understands what it’s like to work at a start-up that is fast-paced.
The role will entail…
- Sourcing, screening, and qualifying technical talent globally (doesn’t matter what time zone).
- Meeting weekly activity goals for outbound messaging, screens, and interviews.
- Managing the interview process ensuring candidates and hiring managers have a smooth and transparent experience.
- Updating our ATS (Lever) with accurate candidate notes and pipeline information.
- Closing a set number of candidates each month.
Things that we look for in a candidate…
- Excellent presentation and communication skills: you’re polished and professional and know how to communicate and follow through effectively.
- Strong work ethic and drive: you are hungry to find the right candidates and are even hungrier to close them, you consistently want to beat if not exceed your goals and pull out all of the stops to get there.
- Organized and strategic: you make sure your days are mapped out to be the best use of your time in balancing outbound messaging, screening calls, and team collaboration.
- Tech-savvy: you understand technology and can speak openly to candidates about it. Bonus points for understanding our tech stack – Kubernetes, Go/Python/Java to name a few.
- Self-awareness & Ownership: you aren’t afraid to ask questions or admit when you’re wrong and take a tremendous amount of ownership and responsibility for your work.
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.