Senior Benefits Manager
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Senior Benefits Manager
US Remote • United States
WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal. By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers 100,000+ businesses, including many top Fortune 500 companies who trust our secure collaboration platform to manage the entire content lifecycle.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Manager of Benefits to be a part of our Total Rewards team. This is a key role reporting to the Director of Global Benefits and will work closely with Payroll, People Partners, HR Operations, and the Total Rewards team. Box is at an exciting stage of evolution, come be a part of our story!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive the strategic evolution and execution of our North America Health and Welfare and Retirement benefits programs in line with Box’s strategy, culture, and values that provides a competitive advantage in the attraction and retention of talent.
- Perform utilization and costing analysis to understand the efficacy, desirability, and accessibility of employee benefit programs; recommend new programs, changes to programs, or cessation of programs and implement as approved.
- Provides daily support to answer benefit inquiries from all U.S./Canadian-based employees. Be a subject-matter expert on medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D, disability, FSA, Voluntary benefits, EAP and wellness, COBRA, paid time off (PTO), and Holidays.
- Work effectively/collaboratively with the international benefits team on global wellness projects.
- Partner with broker(s) to conduct quarterly and annual reviews of our benefit plans and provides recommendations for plan changes to balance with fiscal responsibility, ensuring agreement on the Total Rewards Strategy.
- Manage annual benefit open enrollment process end to end ownership.
- Develop and execute annual communication campaigns to support a variety of initiatives including annual enrollment and wellbeing.
- Manage day to day vendor interactions; work collaboratively to resolve issues while escalating complex or particularly sensitive issues to the next higher level.
- Reconcile and processes plan invoices ensuring vendors are paid.
- Partner with Payroll, Finance, Legal, and other HR team members to deliver benefits design and provide benefits-related support, training, and reporting.
- Manage vendor relationships and automated vendor files to ensure eligibility and enrollment are being reported and updated.
- Responsible for updating, maintaining, and posting benefit plan procedures.
- Ensure benefit plan compliance with ERISA, COBRA, ACA, HIPAA, Section 125, HSA rules, 5500 filing, SFHCSO, and other benefit regulatory requirements including FSA Non-Discrimination Testing processes.
- Support Leave administration and providing oversight of LOA case management.
- Manage the Sr. Benefit Analyst
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Finance, Business or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 6 years experience in benefits administration
- Understanding of Reward foundations (Broad base pay management, Incentives and Equity practices, Benefit practices)
- Thorough understanding of state and federal regulations relating to benefit plans and all applicable laws relating to benefit administration (including COBRA, HIPAA, and ERISA).
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously; using skills and business knowledge to effectively organize and prioritize activities to successfully meet deadlines and budget targets.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing, with individuals at all levels within and without the organization.
- Ability to organize and analyze data to recommend and support business decisions.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders including, but not limited to, employees, co-workers, management, and vendors.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information with the highest degree of integrity.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience with HRIS systems, especially Workday.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Willingness and ability to prioritize work and work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness and ability to work effectively in a team and collaborate across departments
- Ability to build strong partnerships and confidence to effectively communicate complex topics with ease
- Self-starter, with strong ability to work with minimal direction, build and execute effective project plans
- Strong work ethic and team-first attitude
- Strong emotional intelligence, resilience, communication skills, and the ability to influence people
- Travel Requirements: Typically requires overnight travel less than 5% of the time.
Head-over-heels about this role — but not sure you meet all the requirements? Apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Box, we take a big-picture approach to hiring that fosters authenticity, diversity, and inclusion. If you’re passionate about this opportunity, chances are, you shine pretty bright.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, and any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation. Box strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed as all other employees. Inclusiveness is core to our culture at Box, and we strive to ensure you get the most from your interview experience. Box makes reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please complete this form Reasonable accommodations may include scheduling adjustments, document dictation and beyond.
Notice to applicants in Los Angeles: Box, Inc and its related branches will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chair Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Box, Inc and its related branches will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chair Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice. If you are a California-resident, please read our California Applicant & Candidate Privacy Notice here.
Box is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Actual base salary is dependent upon factors such as: knowledge, skill level, experience, and work location. This role is also eligible for equity and benefits. For more information on benefits, check out ourhealthcare benefitsand additionalBox Benefits + Perks
United States Pay Range