- USA Only
- 1 applicant (6%)
Reporter, HR Brew
UNITED STATES (REMOTE)
Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
Human Resources professionals have in recent years found themselves thrust into the eye of a hurricane, as the global pandemic and broader societal changes shake up the workplace. As organizations continue to address sensitive issues including pay disparity, DE&I, remote work, and the lingering impact of the pandemic, the HR department has been forced to quickly adapt and take on even greater responsibilities, by learning new skills, figuring out new software, and understanding how to communicate both top-down and bottom-up.
It’s impossible to overstate HR’s heightened prominence in the midst of all this turbulence. Questions such as “How do we create a hybrid work model that works for everyone” and “How do we create an inclusive workplace” might not have been asked ten years ago, but are very much centered in the dialogue today. And those are just two of hundreds of issues that continue to demand HR’s attention.
We’re looking for a curious and experienced reporter to ideate, research, and create journalism that explores the Human Resources profession through a B2B lens for our growing audience of HR professionals.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING ON
- Pitch, report, and write stories and other associated journalistic endeavors for HR Brew — via newsletter, on-site articles, and other venues of distribution
- Generate ideas for and lead/co-lead creation of non-newsletter editorial initiatives, enterprise pieces, and evergreen content, as we build out a digital home
- Conduct research to support creation of key stories and inform longer-term projects
- 3+ years of reporting experience
- Interest and expertise in business writing and reporting
- Ability to write in the Morning Brew style (engaging, informative, clever)
- Understanding of how to analyze and draw conclusions from structured and unstructured data
- Understanding of how to leverage multiple platforms (email, social media, etc.) to engage with the target audience
- Self-starter attitude with ability to operate in a collaborative, quickly-changing environment
- Combination of attention to detail and creative, strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills with a mindset for collaboration
- Ability to operate in a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines
75-90k * Final offers for this job will be made within the parameters of the salary range provided, commensurate with experience. Total offer package to include benefits highlighted under our perks section below.
WHAT ELSE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
HOW WE TREAT EACH OTHER
• Respectful Candor: We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
• Empathy: We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
• Inclusivity: We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
HOW WE TREAT OUR WORK
• Curiosity: We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
• Accountability: We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
• Bias Toward Action: We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
• Challenger Mentality: We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
• Clarity of Purpose: We understand the “why” in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer:
Unlimited PTO: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
U.S Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from a coffee shop, work from your friend’s sofa, or work from…
Brew’s Brand-New HQ: Pick an adjustable standing desk or cozy corner and load up on free coffee (duh) and snacks at our new two-story office space in NYC’s Flatiron District.
401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
Premium health, vision, and dental plans: Your health matters!
Mental health benefits: Personalized plans and programs to promote your mental well-being.
Extra help when you need it: Including a care concierge, plus free access to One Medical and the Calm app.
Family planning: Want to join #brewparents? Generous paid parental leave and fertility coverage for eligible employees.
Employee Resource Groups: Black Coffee, LGBTQ Brew, AAPI Brew, Cafe Con Leche, and Grounded
WFH stipend: Customize your home office, on us!
Gym and workout class reimbursements: It pays to be healthy.
Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We’ll reimburse you.
Morning Brew is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.