Recruiting Operations Lead
Location: Anywhere in the world; 100% Remote
At Northstar, we’re making it easy for everyone to access affordable, unbiased financial advice. We believe that financial wellness starts with a single paycheck. That’s why we’re working with leading companies to provide 1-on-1 financial advisors and personal finance tools as an employee benefit. Northstar helps employees make the most of their compensation and benefits, and helps companies support and retain more diverse teams. We’ve raised more than $10M from M13, Foundation Capital, Workday Ventures, Parade Ventures, and top founders and executives at NerdWallet, Plaid, Adobe, Amazon, SunRun, and Yelp.
Recruiting Operations Lead overview
Northstar is looking for its first dedicated recruiter. You will be instrumental in leading recruiting efforts across all departments, with a special focus on technical recruiting (engineering, product, design, data). Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will also help build the foundation in which we scale the Talent department. You have a passion for recruiting, love the ever-evolving startup environment, and are excited about helping build out a department in addition to finding the right candidates for our aggressive hiring plan.
What you’ll do
- Lead full-cycle recruiting efforts, including sourcing, scheduling, managing the candidate process, and offers
- Partner with hiring managers to understand their talent needs and build hiring strategies
- Advise hiring managers on best practices and how to make the best hiring decisions
- Build pipelines of diverse talent with an emphasis on creating an extraordinary candidate experience
- Assist with managing a wide range of external recruiting partners
- Improve continually on our recruiting process
- Create regular reports on hiring progress and other recruiting metrics
- Analyze data, understand trends, and develop recommendations based on the data analysis
- Support building out the Talent department
Who you are
- You’ve managed recruiting cycles end to end, preferably within an early-stage startup environment. A specific focus on technical recruiting is a plus
- You have experience and knowledge on sourcing and attracting candidates by using a range of methods and databases
- You have expertise in developing and updating job descriptions and job specifications
- You’ve managed an ATS system, preferably Greenhouse
- You have the ability to screen candidate resumes and job applications
- You show integrity when dealing with sensitive & confidential information
- You thrive in developing inclusive recruiting processes
- You’ve managed external recruiter relationships in the past
- You get excited to build the ship as it’s sailing and continually improve the process
- We’re mission-driven. We founded Northstar on the belief that every person deserves the best objective, personalized, and affordable financial management. We don’t make money from secret referrals fees, and are completely aligned with the customer.
- We’ve hit an inflection point with product-market fit. We have passionate, paying customers, and are scaling quickly.
- Our cross-functional team is uniquely suited to solve this problem. Titles are fluid, where everyone contributes to solving a problem in their unique ways.
- We invest in the personal and professional growth of every team member
- Competitive salary, equity, 401k, Northstar service, and benefits like 12 weeks paid parental leave to support your whole life
- Unlimited vacation and time off policy, and a strong work-life balance
- Budget to set up or improve your home office
- We are 100% fully remote, in 4 US time zones