Recruiting Manager for HR-Tech Startup
The Company’s mission:
Avra Talent is disrupting the traditional recruitment industry through the decentralizing of expertise. We help innovative companies scale their recruiting teams and connect the top 5% of talent professionals to great opportunities.
Why this role exists:
Our model is based on the “Five Disciplines of Hiring.” This means instead of one “full-cycle recruiter” we pair clients with a Dedicated Recruiting Team, consisting of a Coordinator, Interviewer, Sourcer, and Domain Expert, all led by a Recruiting Strategist.
What’s in it for you?
Contribute to the growth of an early-stage startup and work closely with amazing companies and the best talent professionals around. Enjoy flexibility and ownership in a remote work environment with lots of growth opportunities.
- Minimum 5 years deeply involved in the recruiting process
- Minimum 2 years operational or management experience
- Experience managing team
- Experience working in a fully remote environment
- Experience working at tech companies or startups is a big plus
- You will be part-project manager, part-account manager, and one hundred percent – extreme-ownership-taker
- You will onboard, set strategy for, and directly manage relationships with our clients
- You will manage team(s) of multiple contractors, as well as internal employees of Avra, and ensure they are serving our clients’ needs as well as working in team harmony
- You will take extreme ownership of your team’s results, interfacing with the Client and the Leadership team at Avra with the object of finding the best person for each open role
- You brainstorm, research and get curious about ways we can attract the right talent for each open role. You update the recruiting strategy with real-world data and work with your team to build the most effective and efficient plan
- You will work hand in hand with the Interviewer(s) to build out acquisition strategies for open roles and to craft job descriptions based on client needs
- You will manage your team’s budget, and ensure that each client team stays on target
- Client-facing account management (warm conversationalist with the ability to probe without being offensive and read between the lines)
- Project and team management
- Ability to craft and manage strategic recruiting roadmaps
- Solid understanding of technology, technology startups, and the startup landscape
- Proficient in Google Workspace (e.g. Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, Forms, etc.)
- Familiar with major recruiting job boards: ZipRecruiter, AngelList, Indeed, Monster, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Personal + Professional Attributes:
- Hyper-vigilant communicator
- Problem-solver, puzzle-lover: the Strategist lives by the ideal that the right person is out there; it is our job to find them
- Stong, compassionate leader who will support each team member as they grow
- Creative and very curious, constantly learning and evolving
- Analytical, systems, process, and data-driven
- This role requires reliable availability. You’re online or at least available throughout business days, and can be responsive to your team in North American time zones
Remote (based in North American Time Zones)