There’s a talent to hiring people. You cannot leave it all to an algorithm and a chatbot. And you don’t have to do it all alone.
Circular is a community of talent managers committed to referring talented people they know and providing a positive candidate experience.
We launched our community over two years ago and we already close hundreds of tech hires every year –for companies hiring remotely or within Spain (for now). We’re a team of 15 ultra-motivated software engineers, designers, account managers, and talent advocates convinced that recruiting doesn’t have to be a brutal and ruthless industry.
We’re now facing a huge expansion phase and looking for an experienced people manager to grow our team and culture remotely and with an emphasis on diversity.
We believe that a strong set of values are needed to fulfill our mission. Values that inform every decision we make, every day; concrete and specific ideas that are easy to understand and that guide our relationship with our projects, our customers, and how our team works together.
We have a clear view of our weekly objectives, which we set together according to an ambitious company vision. Transparency leads to accountability and leaves no room for arbitrarity.
We have a keep-powerpoints-to-a-minimum policy and avoid technology gibberish. We focus on solving real problems with a simple, useful and beautiful product.
We strongly believe not all hours of work are worth the same and we are no fans of crunch time. That’s why we have a culture obsessed with efficiency: don’t waste time on non-core tasks, plan in advance, foster focus, prioritize and re-prioritize to-do lists, avoid meetings, etc. Let’s ship stuff.
What will you be doing?
Your mission will be to build a solid remote team and culture. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Grow the team x3-4 in 2 years. A-players working remotely, and with emphasis on diversity.
- Build cutting-edge HR processes and benefits for a company in our stage
- Promote and support a remote-first culture
We’ll let you know more during the interviews, but some example projects you will be working on in the first few months:
- Taking over several job openings in tech, operations, and sales. Review and improve job descriptions and interview processes using the framework
- Prioritize 3 D&I initiatives we will implement in 2021
- Review and improve our current performance review framework
What we offer
- €35-45k gross annual salary plus extra €10-15k in stock options
- Full-remote work within the European timezone and the option of going to our Madrid office.
- A huge projection in a fast-growing international startup backed by the best investors in Europe.
We are looking for a talented, ambitious, and hardworking individual that has:
- Experience in remote companies , deep knowledge of remote-first best practices regarding hiring and people management.
- Track record of hiring at scale : can close a high volume of A-players hires per quarter
- A diversity focus : understand how D&I deeply impacts the outcome of a company and commits accordingly.
- A “get shit done” approach : since we’re a young company, there is an endless number of initiatives that can be carried out. Also, the hiring tasks will be very demanding. We need someone independent, that can get shit done in the short term (e.g. close hires) but also prioritize, plan and execute mid-term initiatives (e.g. build benefit program).
- Native or fluent English