- USA Only
- 5 applicants
Remote- Manager, Payroll
locations: Work Remotely from Anywhere – U.S.
time type:Full time
job requisition id: R2789
We’re looking for talented professionals, anywhere in the United States, to join us in bringing smart money management and payment solutions to everyone’s fingertips.
At Green Dot, we are evolving to a new and permanent “Work from Anywhere” model designed to maximize the benefits of remote work, promote and enable a strong culture of performance and connectedness, and attract the best and brightest talent who align with our entrepreneurial spirit and mission.
The Payroll Manager is responsible for overseeing payroll staff and managing payroll processing operations. Establishes policies and processes that ensure accurate calculation of wages, tax withholdings, and company deductions. This position interfaces between finance and human resource departments to provide useful information. The Payroll Manager ensures accurate, and on-time governmental reporting and compliance and will also need to stay current with changes in the law and ensure compliance with federal and state payroll requirements.
- Balances payroll accounts
- Oversees other members of the payroll staff.
- Oversees compliance with statutory reporting and filing requirements.
- Audits employee pay records and reconciles totals by department, location, country, etc.
- Documents payroll processes and procedures.
- Meets all government reporting requirements for payroll taxes, withholding and employer contributions.
- Researches and solves payroll issues independently.
- Ensures compliance with relevant laws and tax obligations.
- Maintains payroll employment records including benefit deductions, 401(k) contributions, sick leave and vacation pay.
- Completes special implementation projects as needed.
- Prepares and books all payroll related journal entries/accruals to the GL.
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations.
- Participates in audits of internal records and assists in preparing documentation for internal and external auditors.
- Processes and responds to Wage Garnishment orders.
- Coordinates third party payroll system implementations and upgrades.
- Provides customer service to employee population regarding pay, system access, direct deposit, etc.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
- 5+ years of relevant accounting and/or payroll experience
- Extensive knowledge of function and department processes
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local payroll regulations and guidelines
- Experience with Workday, ADP, and Oracle EBS systems preferred
- Solution driven, ability to troubleshoot and provide new ideas for change as appropriate
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to partner with internal and external teams
- Proficient-level skills in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- 1-3 years supervisory experience
- CPP certificate preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work on complex problems of diverse scope and with general instruction on new assignments
The targeted base salary for this position is $73,800 to $112,800 per year. The final compensation will be determined by a number of factors such as qualifications, expertise, and the candidate’s geographical location.
Green Dot promotes diversity and provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We are dedicated to building a company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work (and work environment) will be for everyone. Additionally, Green Dot provides reasonable accommodations for candidates on request and respects applicants’ privacy rights.