Human Resources Manager
- USA Only
- 8 applicants (18%)
Title: Human Resources Manager (Sales – East) (100% Remote)
Location: Remote, US, N/A
Grainger is North America’s leading distributor of maintenance, repair, and operating products and services. Our wide assortment, deep expertise, innovative technology solutions and unparalleled customer service keep customers’ operations running and their people safe.
We’re looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. We have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way at Grainger.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager will tactically and strategically support their respective Sales region and its assigned leadership. As the HRM for Sales you will align Human Resources and Enterprise goals to achieve the objectives of the business. You will facilitate process changes that align with the business direction and apply policies and programs including but not limited to salary administration, recruiting, employee development, performance management, employee relations, succession planning, legal compliance, and benefits.
This position is salaried and will pay between $98,430.00 – $150,960.00 and will include a annual cash bonus of 15%. The range provided is a guideline and not a guarantee of compensation. Other factors that are involved in offer decisions include, and are not limited to a candidates experience, qualifications, geography, and internal equity.
- Translate business needs into human resources plans and programs.
- Identify human resource needs in designated departments. Involve human resource “centers of excellence” (i.e. Compensation, Employee Development, Staffing, Organization Effectiveness, Benefits) to meet partner needs.
- Educate managers and employees on the application of the performance management process and provisions. Implement performance management tools within specific departments. Coach managers and employees to use performance feedback to improve results.
- Partner with leaders to develop organization structure and job design based on work processes. Assist compensation in job analysis and provide support to the job evaluation process.
- Communicate and educate managers and employees on salary administration process. Advise managers on actions where there may be discrepancies or special concern.
- Educate and influence managers on affirmative action and diversity within the work place.
- Ensure application of employment laws and regulations to specific work situations.
- Be required to periodically travel to various Grainger locations for critical needs of the business.
- Highlight the importance of communication and assist managers by developing methods to share information with employees on business issues.
- BA/BS or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experiencein related field.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strategic mindset with willingness adapt to the evolving needs of the business.
- Business Management, Human Resources Management, or Industrial/Organization Psychology experience, which encompasses a working knowledge of finance, marketing, management, human relations, and organizational dynamics.
- 5+ years progressive Human Resource management experience which encompasses selection and placement, compensation and benefits, employee and labor relations, training and management theory and practice.
- General knowledge of mainframe applications and interrelationships used by partners.
- High level of presence where you can diffuse high-tension situations.
- Understand organization dynamics and can navigate appropriate channels for resolution.
- Up to 20% in and out of town travel may be required for HR Managers working field operations or sales.
Rewards and Benefits
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members’ individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical and social wellbeing programs
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.