Human Resources Generalist
Title:Human Resources Generalist (Remote)
Location: United States
Sezzle invites you to join our Talent Community!
At Sezzle, we are always seeking talented, motivated people to join our company. Our Buy Now Pay Later product is driven by data – and our Merchant Success team is a critical part of how we do what we do. If you are ready to join a company that moves QUICKLY and where you can truly make an impact – you’ve found the place. You Matter Here!
By applying to this posting – you are signaling that you have general interest in a role at Sezzle. Whether you are seeking an internship or a senior level strategic role – we’d love to speak with you. This posting is not connected to a specific role – it’s a way for us to get introduced for any current or future opportunities. We look forward to getting to know you!
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose long-standing mission is to financially empower the next generation. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the numerous eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
As the first and only B-Corp in the payments space, Sezzle’s goal is to help everyone pursue financial freedom, and to invest in social good and ethical initiatives that shape a better world.
At Sezzle, we’re committed to putting purpose alongside profitability. We work hard to maintain rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency to build a better world. The employees at Sezzle lean into significant societal and cultural shifts, ensuring internal and external focus on positive impacts that benefit our community.
About The Role:
We are looking for a (Human Resources) HR Generalist to join our team and implement various human resources programs. If you have a passion for HR, are familiar with aspects of the HR domain and look to kickstart your career in the field, this is the place to be.
Your role as an HR Generalist will be far from one-dimensional. You’ll undertake a wide range of HR tasks and have the goal to ensure the HR department’s operations is running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization as a whole.
- Support our business leaders with talent acquisition and recruitment
- Assist employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations
- Support offboarding and conduct exit interviews
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as or interest in becoming an HR Generalist
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; Recruitment systems (e.g. Greenhouse) will be a plus
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach
- BSc/BA in Human Resources or relevant field
- Additional HR training will be a plus
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and RSUs
- Generous paid time off, sick time and volunteer hours
- Life, STD/LTD, medical, dental and vision insurance
- Highly discounted LifeTime gym membership
- Work From Home stipend
- 401k with impressive employer match
- Remote first work