Human Resources Business Partner
Human Resources Business Partner
SAN FRANCISCO, CA; NEW YORK, NY; LOS ANGELES, CA; CHICAGO, IL; AUSTIN, TX; REMOTE
About the Team
At DoorDash, people are our most important asset. The HR Business Partner team works closely with leaders across our business to align people and strategy. Our HRBPs assess, coach and influence the business as we scale and evolve to enable our teams to accomplish amazing things.
About the Role
This HR Business Partner role will partner with various leaders in the Merchant and Marketing organizations to execute people strategy for multiple DoorDash teams. Working closely with our Centers of Excellence, this role will provide strategic consultation, counsel and expertise to these teams in the areas of Organizational Design and Effectiveness; Workforce Planning; Performance Management; and Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion as well as tactical support on daily challenges. This role will lead several department wide programs, and significantly contribute to cross People team initiatives and objectives. This role reports to the Sr. HRBP.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will
- Coach leadership on people strategy, including team structure (organizational design), strategic hiring, performance management, compensation, recognition, and learning and development.
- Partner with leadership to define, execute, and track progress against org-specific people strategy Objectives & Key Results (OKRs).
- Empower managers to build amazing teams through leadership development.
- Assess employee development needs and recommend solutions.
- Lead client groups through DoorDash’s people programs (engagement surveys, performance reviews, compensation reviews, talent development, etc.).
- Partner with the Culture, Belonging, and People Growth team to effectively execute our diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy.
- Be a key contributor to re-imagining or up-leveling company-wide People Programs, such as the Performance Review process, Employee Engagement Survey, and Manager Development training.
We’re excited about you because
- You have 6+ years of HR/People experience with 3+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner.
- You have the ability to think critically and anticipate issues before they arise, and proactively suggest long-term solutions.
- You have excellent judgment and the ability to make sound decisions independently.
- You possess an exceptional ability to prioritize and manage time effectively you naturally focus on the right things and can seamlessly move between projects & tasks, without losing sight of what’s important to do.
- You feel comfortable working with data and analytics, and are able to turn data into insights and compelling stories.
- You’re an outstanding communicator with strong relationship-building and influencing skills who can coach leaders through complex situations. You know when to listen, as well as when to speak up.
- You have an owner mentality.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of usersfrom Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on protected categories, we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce people who identify as women, non- binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $141,525- $191,475, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.