Human Resource Specialist
- USA Only
- 6 applicants (30%)
Human Resource Specialist
ABOUT UNITED FOR RESPECT
United for Respect (UFR) is a national non-profit organization building an industry voice of working people working for the country s largest retail corporations. Through scaled leadership development and base-building, UFR s growing network is challenging major corporations and policymakers to provide family-sustaining jobs for all working people. We leverage technology social media and our digital platform, WorkIt to bring the retail workforce into a shared community of support and advocacy.
ABOUT THE POSITION
United for Respect (UFR) is seeking a Human Resource Specialist to join our Operations team. The Human Resource Specialist will perform administrative tasks and services to support the effective and efficient operations of the organization s Infrastructure Core department. The Human Resource Specialist will be responsible for keeping our rapidly growing organization running smoothly so that we can fulfill our mission. This is an opportunity for someone who is passionate about supporting a team to develop and implement strategies and tactics to win economic stability and equality for those working at America’s largest low-wage retail corporations.
What You ll Be Doing:
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; referring more complex and/or sensitive matters to appropriate senior-level HR staff or Chief Operating Officer.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the Infrastructure Core department.
- May assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and communicating directly with UFR s Finance Department and/or Paychex.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave.
- Develop and implement HR policies and structures throughout the organization.
- Conducts and assists with new hire orientation and onboarding processes.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, etc.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide staff meetings, all-staff retreats, and more.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring:
- Minimum of two years experience in HR.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices to maintain compliance preferred.
- Knowledge of trends, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law preferred.
- Commitment to intersectional social justice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Google Suite and related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s human resource information systems (HRIS), talent management systems, and similar computer applications.
- Experience in fostering a workplace culture centering diversity, equity and inclusiveness.
- A demonstrated commitment to social and racial justice issues and understanding of challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and low-and moderate income families, and an interest in deepening your commitment to economic, racial and gender justice.
Salary Range: $70,000-$75,000 annually depending on experience and location.
Benefits: Competitive benefits package provided for full-time employees and eligible dependents, including health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage and 401k.