Human Resource Operations
- USA Only
- 1 applicant (17%)
Human Resource Operations
What is Trusted Health?
Trusted, Inc. is the leading digital labor marketplace and workforce management solution for the healthcare industry. We are headquartered in San Francisco but we’ve taken a digital-first approach to building our workforce and the majority of our team resides across the US and abroad.
Trusted was founded in 2017 with a focus on the largest profession in healthcare: nursing. Since then, we’ve taken a process dominated by recruiters and phone calls and converted it to a fully digital experience, connecting nurses directly to job opportunities and handling benefits, payroll, onboarding, and compliance. Our platform provides full employer of record services for employers in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
In 2020, we launched our proprietary staffing platform, Works. Works helps hospitals solve one of their biggest challenges: filling every shift in an environment where demand for healthcare services and labor costs are increasing exponentially. With Works, facilities can create their own on- demand nursing workforce and manage all the details from a single system. Using predictive insights and recommendations, Works helps hospitals react to fluctuations in demand, while its staffing marketplace creates competition to fill open job requisitions with high-quality, active talent.
Trusted has support from top institutional investors such as Craft Ventures, Felicis Ventures, StepStone Group, and Founder Collective, as well as healthcare innovators like Texas Medical Center, Mercy Health, Intermountain Ventures, Town Hall Ventures, and Healthbox. Most recently we closed a $149 million Series C round to fund our next stage of growth.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for HR operational support to help us scale Trusted’s Extended Workforce team as we create a world-class employee experience with complex and fast-moving payroll, benefits, and people operations projects. You will play a key role in ensuring our clinicians have everything they need while on assignment. You will wear many hats, including support of benefit inquiries and special HR projects and answering day-to-day inquiries from clinicians and other internal support teams.
- The first level of support for Tier 3 tickets submitted to the xWF team
- Support the implementation and execution of xWF HR strategy, and provide day-to-day clinician guidance and support
- Collaborate with teams on prospective HR-related inquiries to include benefits and general HR needs
- Support in the creation and socialization of new policies and procedures
- Manage projects and /or participate as a project member in HR initiatives
Who you are
- High Integrity. You never cut corners ethically. You earn trust and maintain confidence. You’d rather do what is right rather than what is easy.
- People-focused. You’re passionate about helping people. You have an uncanny ability to build trust, credibility, and relationships with candidates, clients, and teammates
- Fast learner. You’re excited about picking up new things, and you think learning curves are more like runways.
- You’re a self-starter; if provided with the right direction, you’ll figure out how to reach the destination.
- Solutions-oriented. You don’t believe in letting problems sit and try to build solutions to resolve them quickly.
- 1-3 years of work experience in human resources or related filed with some experience (or interest) in HR.
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to manage and analyze data using Excel and google sheets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to support and develop policies and comfortable responding to questions and inquires
- Nice to have: Experience in reporting and data management
- Paid vacation & sick time, paid family leave, and flexible work hours
- Employer-paid health insurance, vision, and dental
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Mindfulness and fitness reimbursement
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Employer-sponsored 401k
$54,000 – $78,000 a year
Trusted reasonably anticipates the salary range for this role to be $54,000-$78,000 annually, plus equity. The final pay for this position will vary based on geographic location and candidate experience relative to what Trusted reasonably anticipates for this position. We are committed to transparency, and any compensation questions will be addressed early in our recruitment process.
Trusted Health provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you cannot submit your application due to a disability, please email [email protected]; we will reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.