- USA Only
- 6 applicants (26%)
- Bellevue, WA
- Telecommuter – United States
- Human Resources
Symetra has an exciting opportunity to join our team as an HR Generalist
About the role
As an HR Generalist, you will play a key role in support of delivery of Talent Management services and solutions. You’ll work across the HR organization on a variety of process and programs to showcase the value add of our Human Resources function at Symetra.
- Help to deliver HR Talent Management services and solutions.
- Support and help to facilitate organization change initiatives.
- Make recommendations on best practices based on HR trends and metrics.
- Create and implement enhancements to the on-boarding experience for new hires, working with other areas of HR to coordinate.
- Responsible for supporting on-going employee engagement activities across organizational business unit.
- Support and coach business managers on performance management issues (attendance, quality, etc.)
- Drive Retention Programs for aligned areas.
- Support & Execution of HR projects & programs including (but not limited to): Onboarding/Off-Boarding, Manager development and communications, Mentorship and Internship programs to support HR. For example, conducting new hire follow-ups and exit interviews, unemployment claims, reporting and metrics and other implementation of HR solutions/enhancements.
- Maintain knowledge of progressive HR processes and trends, employment law, and help execute appropriate solutions to support the business.
- Other projects as assigned based on capacity. Full-cycle recruiting support on an as-needed basis to support the centralized recruiting function. (scheduling interviews, phone screens, attending career fairs, etc.)
What we offer you
“If you want to invest in yourself and build a career, this is a great place to work. If you don’t want to put in the effort to learn the industry and become a student of the business (it takes real effort!), there are easier places to work.” Cris H. – AVP Internal Sales, Training and Development
“Symetra is inclusive of all employees regardless of their personal differences.” Darrell J. – Actuary III
“Symetra values learning. Symetra has so many resources – whether that is the Student of the Business courses, sponsorship of professional certifications, or just individual employees being so willing to teach and answer questions.” Felicia D. – Financial Reporting Lead Senior Analyst
Benefits and Perks
We don’t take a “one-size-fits-all” approach when it comes to our employees. Our programs are designed to make your life better both at work and at home.
- Flexible full-time or hybrid telecommuting arrangements
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and take advantage of immediate vesting and company matching up to 6%
- Paid time away including vacation and sick time, flex days and ten paid holidays
- Give back to your community and double your impact through our company matching
- Want more details? Check out our Symetra Benefits Overview
Salary Range: $60,500 – $100,800 plus eligibility for annual bonus program
Your education, experience and skills
- High School Diploma required.
- 2+ years’ human resources related experience.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Strong critical thinking skills; the ability to assess a situation and provide a recommendation or solution.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to shift gears based on priority.
- Sound decision-making.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Strong Analytical Skills.
- Excellent judgement and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of various state and Federal Employment Laws and Practices.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
We empower inclusion
At Symetra, we aspire to be the most inclusive insurance company in the country. We’re building a place where every employee feels valued, respected, and has opportunities to contribute. Inclusion is about recognizing our assumptions, considering multiple perspectives, and removing barriers.
We accept and celebrate diverse experiences, identities, and perspectives, because lifting each other up fuels thought and builds a stronger, more innovative company. We invite you to learn more about our efforts Here.
Creating a world where more people have access to financial freedom
Symetra is a national financial services company dedicated to helping people achieve their financial goals and feel confident about the future. In our daily work, we’re guided by the principles of Value, Transparency and Sustainability. This means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and openly so people understand what they’re buying, and we design products—and operate our company—to stand the test of time. We’re committed to showing up for our communities, lifting up our employees, and standing up for diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). Join our team and help us create a world where more people have access to financial freedom.
For more information about our careers visit: www.symetra.com/careers
Employer work visa sponsorship and support are not provided for this role. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at hire and must maintain authorization to work in the United States throughout their employment with our company.