HR Business Partner
- USA Only
Temporary HR Business Partner (R-2021-03-103)
- Human Resources
- United States
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The SiriusXM HR team exists to unleash the limitless power of our people. People fascinate us. We believe they are extraordinary and have the ability to go beyond. As cultivators of people seeking greatness our work is to sustain and evolve a culture that generates happy, productive and engaged employees, led by humanistic leaders who know how to operate at scale. We love this business and are committed to its success.
SiriusXM is looking for an experienced Temporary HR Business Partner to support teams across the US. The ideal candidate will be able to proactively and systematically solve team, manager, and employee improvement opportunities, and will be responsible for execution and assistance in the design of annual HR programs. Keen analytical experience and a comfort with ambiguity is critical for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with designated business units, providing HR counsel, guidance and expertise in the areas of:
- Coaching and counseling managers and employees on all areas of performance management, work productivity and organization structure.
- Managing all employee related matters in compliance with federal and state employment laws; partnering with internal employment counsel as applicable.
- Partnering with staffing, compensation and hiring managers on all full-time, part-time, temporary or contingent needs.
- Policy communication, enforcement and education.
- Headcount/workforce management.
- Reviewing/analyzing monthly and/or quarterly HR reporting relative to assigned groups; identify trends or concerns as needed; review for data integrity.
- Conducting terminations and exit interviews.
- Supporting annual compensation process.
- Collaborate with HR team to develop, recommend and implement corporate-wide HR programs and policies as applicable.
- Facilitate annual compensation and appraisal processes for assigned business units.
- Facilitate HR processes and policy communication and ensure compliance and operational excellence; recommend process improvement as applicable.
- Provide guidance and feedback on HR solutions and programs and assess impact to assigned business units.
- Monitor overall employee engagement, well-being and productivity for assigned business units.
- Maintain and establish full awareness and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable state and federal employment laws.
- Manage assigned programs or projects on deadline and within budget as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA or equivalent combination of education and experience required; MBA or relevant graduate degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a HR business partner supporting multiple client groups in multiple locations; must have well-rounded and demonstrated HR generalist skills including but not limited to the areas of employee relations, compensation, training and development, staffing and workforce planning; ability to coach, counsel and influence all levels of management and appropriately balance management and employee needs.
- Prior experience working in a media environment preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to effectively present data, analyses, etc. to a designated target audience.
- Ability to quickly establish productive and credible working relationships.
- Proactive, solution oriented; independently takes initiative and recommends plans for improvement or new ways of thinking.
- Well-developed judgment and influence skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and navigate within a fast-paced, rapidly changing business environment; comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Effective project and process management skills; able to effectively manage and/or administer a project from start to finish.
- Expert HR knowledge including best practice benchmarking.
- Well-rounded business acumen.
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientation.
- Ability to work core business hours EST.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.