HR Advisory Services Manager
- USA Only
HR Advisory Services Manager (Employee relations, COVID Case Management, ADA) – Remote
- Minneapolis, MN
- Remote, CO
- Remote, United States
- Full time
At U.S. Bank, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country’s most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
The HR Advisory Services Manager is responsible for managing a team of individuals that provide centralized Employee Relations support to the organization. This position is responsible for leading a team of individuals who coordinate COVID-19 case management activities. This includes investigation, coordination, notification involving positive and presumptive cases, managing quarantine, communication with local/state health departments, and accommodations. The HR Advisory Services Manager will ensure administration and consistent approach to COVID case management, union transition of COVID work, vaccination requirements, return to office accommodations, and the vaccine mandate process and application.
The overall scope of HR Advisory Services includes but is not limited to delivering employee relations services related to performance management, discipline, accommodation requests, absenteeism, interpersonal conflict resolution, employee relations investigations, and involuntary terminations. Advises the team on escalated cases of increased complexity and risk and recommends process and program changes that will mitigate employment related risk.
- Ensure administration and consistent approach to COVID case management, vaccination requirements, return to office accommodations, union transition of COVID work, and overall vaccine mandate process and application.
- Recommend, develop, and implement HR Advisory Services operational processes.
- Determine needs and develop training for HR Advisory Services employees.
- Review, provide input and implement employee and manager-facing knowledge content and training related to employee relations.
- Analyze case data to identify trends, themes and recommend solutions to HR Leads, Talent Consultants, and leadership.
- Provide consultation and manage escalated, complex cases that may involve increased risk or visibility, or based on position or grade level within the organization.
- Partner with HR Leads and Talent Consultants as needed to facilitate closure or mitigate escalation on cases involving increased risk.
- Support consistent interpretation and application of HR policies.
- Assist in reviewing and gathering data that will assist legal with arbitration, depositions, or unemployment hearings
- Review and analyze HR Advisory services case metrics and data to drive efficiencies and increase overall customer satisfaction, including follow-up, coaching, and implement process or HR knowledge content.
- Ensure Legal compliance and adherence to policies and regulations; stay informed of current employment practices and regulations
- Recommend and assist with policy updates
- Lead projects that enable HR Advisory Services to consistently deliver against employee relations processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Employment Law, Industrial Relations or related field (preferred)
- 7+ years of related experience
- 3+ years of experience leading people
- Experience in performance coaching, conflict resolution and administering disciplinary action
- Previous experience working in HR Operations or HR Service Center
- Ability to work independently, identify solutions and when to engage others
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to maintain confidential information
- Proficient computer navigation skills using a variety of software packages including Microsoft Office applications
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That’s why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most – your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and is for the primary location. Base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in a different location. Pay Range: $108,545.00 – $127,700.00 – $140,470.00
Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.