Head, People Operations and Chief of Staff
- 3 applicants (7%)
Head, People Ops + Chief of Staff
- Houston, TX – Remote OK
Who we are
80% of the workers across the globe are Deskless. These are the people who keep our lights on and gas flowing, build roads and bridges, run our manufacturing factories, ensure that we get healthcare service, and provide us reliable phone and internet connectivity. As entrepreneurs, have we considered solving their problems and making them more productive?
If you are still reading, and connect compassionately about this underserved segment, come and join us to drive Technology Equity in the global workforce.
At Zinier, we are on a mission to enable these 2.7 B Deskless Workers achieve greater success for themselves and the world around them. Guided by a deep understanding of their needs, we design software experiences that enable every Deskless Worker to excel in the field.
We are a remote-first global team headquartered in Silicon Valley. Our hybrid workforce is spread across London, Mexico City, Singapore and Bangalore, and leading investors, including Accel, ICONIQ Capital, Founders Fund, Newfund Capital, NGP Capital, Tiger Global Management and Qualcomm Ventures LLC.
Why we exist
Services shape how we live. Electricity lights up our homes. The Internet opens up our worlds. Cellular phones keep us connected no matter where we are. We take for granted the things we can turn on with the flip of a switch. But when even one of the services we depend on isn’t available, the day can quickly start to go sideways.
For organizations that provide these services, some of the most important work happens in the field in neighborhoods, across open spaces, and along millions of last miles that criss-cross the country. Every moment of downtime matters, which is why Zinier exists. Zinier empowers organizations to work smarter from the main office to the field to solve problems quickly, fix things before they break, and keep people in the rhythm of their days.
To do this, Zinier has created a scalable platform powered by AI-driven insights and intelligent automation that helps field service teams work smarter, better, faster, and more efficiently. We help organizations automate routine tasks so the people in the field can focus on putting their expertise to work. We work with customers in telecom and energy.
About the position
Do you believe that people are a company’s most valuable asset? Do you believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts? Do you believe that a culture and people are at the core of any organization and its success is 100% dependent on having strong and healthy relationships? Do you believe that world class People Experiences lead to world class performance? Do you like getting your hands dirty and getting excited about building things from scratch in a fast paced, hyper growth environment?
Reporting into the CEO, and leading a growing team of five (5), the Head of People Operations will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of HR and people management, with a strong focus on aligning our people strategies with our business objectives.
This is a global role, managing an organization distributed across the US, UK, and India. You will be working directly with the CEO as a part of the executive Z-team and have a front row seat to our growth story.
The environment is dynamic and fast paced, and will provide the opportunity to work with multiple teams and leaders across the company. We are looking for driven, passionate people who LOVE juggling multiple priorities and can switch seamlessly from outlining strategy to getting into the weeds of execution.
What you’ll do
- Strategic Leadership: You will provide strategic guidance and leadership to our HR team, ensuring the development and execution of innovative people programs and initiatives that support our company’s growth plans. You will collaborate with executive leadership to align HR strategies with business goals, foster a positive work culture, and enhance employee engagement.
- Talent Acquisition and Management: You will oversee the recruitment and selection process, partnering with hiring managers to attract top-tier talent and build a high-performing team. You will work with our Talent Acquisition team in developing effective talent acquisition strategies, optimize our employer brand, and implement robust selection methods to ensure we attract individuals who are the right fit for our company culture and objectives.
- Employee Development and Performance: You will design and implement comprehensive performance management systems, including goal setting, performance evaluations, and career development plans. You will work closely with managers to provide guidance on effective performance feedback, coaching, and talent development strategies to maximize individual and team performance.
- Total Rewards and Benefits: You will lead the design and administration of competitive and comprehensive total rewards programs, including compensation, benefits, and recognition initiatives. You will stay abreast of industry trends and best practices to ensure our offerings remain attractive and competitive in the market, fostering employee satisfaction and retention.
- Employee Relations and Compliance: You will serve as a trusted advisor and escalation point for employee relations matters, promoting positive employee relations and ensuring compliance with employment laws and regulations. You will lead investigations, resolve conflicts, and implement fair and consistent policies and procedures that foster a respectful and inclusive work environment.
- HR Operations and Systems: You will oversee the efficient functioning of HR operations, including HRIS management, data analytics, and reporting. You will leverage technology and automation to streamline processes, improve data accuracy, and enhance the overall employee experience.
- Team Management: You will be responsible for managing and leading an existing team, providing guidance, mentorship, and support. You will foster a collaborative and high-performing team environment, ensuring the development of individual team members and promoting their professional growth.
- Office of the CEO: If you have a desire to get involved in the broader business initiatives, you will get the opportunity to drive cross functional strategic projects to further advance your career in Zinier. The world is your oyster in this role.
What you’ll bring
- BS/ BA required. Master in Business Administration preferred.
- Previous experience in technology, management consulting preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in HR, with a focus on people operations or HR leadership roles.
- Experience working with a global company with teams in India.
- Strong knowledge of HR best practices, employment laws, and regulations.
- Experience in talent acquisition, performance management, employee development, and total rewards.
- Open and highly collaborative mentality
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Data driven, analytical approach to problems.
- Detail-oriented and comfortable planning and tracking projects.
- An innate ability to self-start, prioritize, and creatively problem-solve (the buck stops with you)
- Hunger, Hustle, Honesty, Humility
What you can expect from Zinier
We welcome every voice and are committed to building a truly inclusive environment where your differences are not just welcomed, they are celebrated. We’re building a best-in-class experience for our employees and are always identifying opportunities to encourage our team to be their authentic selves. Whether that’s paid parental leave, paid holidays (extra quarterly paid time off), paid time off to volunteer at non-profit organizations, personal development opportunities or professional stretch assignments, you can expect Zinier to support you.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other dimensions of identity.