Head of People
- USA Only
- 1 applicant
Head of People
at Parallel (View all jobs)
Remote, United States
Role Type: Full-Time
Location: Fully Remote (You can be based anywhere in the United States!)
Reports to : CEO
About this role
Parallel is seeking a Head of People to build and scale its people operations and recruiting functions. The Head of People will design and executive programs that will create an inclusive, impactful, and rewarding experience for all employees. You will have the opportunity to own the people strategy alongside our COO and CEO, build the foundation that will enable Parallel to scale, and champion our culture in a remote-first environment. This is an exciting opportunity for the People Leader looking to shape the talent roadmap and roll up their sleeves to execute that vision.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement People and Talent strategies, policies and programs that align with business objectives, bring our culture to life, and span the full candidate and employee life cycles
- Partner closely with COO, CEO, other executives and senior leaders on organizational design, change management, and engagement initiatives
- Provide coaching and guidance to people managers on topics related to employee relations and performance
- Lead the design and execution of the Company’s performance and talent management strategy, including performance reviews, feedback and career development
- Design and implement programs that foster connection and collaboration across a remote-first team
- Spearhead Parallel’s DEI initiatives
- Optimize and maintain the integrity of Parallels people data, reporting, HRIS, and overall tech stack
- Design and implement total rewards programs that attract and retain talent
- Manage benefits administration and compliance for a fully distributed workforce
- Lead, develop and coach a small team responsible for People Operations and Recruiting
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in People Operations, HR Business Partnering, or related role
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in building, developing, and managing direct reports
- Strong understanding of how the various HR disciplines interplay and impact each other
- Previous experience at a fast-growing company strongly preferred
- Knowledge of federal and multi-state employment law and compliance requirements
- Excellent communicator; strong ability to develop trusting, credible relationships across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated experience in designing and executing People strategies and programs, such as performance management, job architecture, engagement, and employee connection
Parallel is the first tech-forward provider of care for learning and thinking differences across the United States. We believe learning differences are parallel ways of thinking that should be celebrated! Our mission is to provide students with the resources and encouragement to succeed in the classroom and beyond. To us, this means helping them build confidence in their unique strengths and create strategies to work around their challenges.
Parallel simplifies the process of getting support for learning differences by consolidating providers and resources on a single platform. We connect students with qualified professionals while significantly reducing waiting times, costs, and confusion. We provide a variety of services, including:
- Psychological Assessment & Therapy
- Speech-Language Therapy
- Special Education
- And more!
Want to know what it’s like working here? Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
At Parallel, we believe in celebrating differences. This belief extends from schools into our workplace and through the ways we work together toward our mission. We are committed to fostering a diverse, accessible environment that represents many different cultures, backgrounds, viewpoints, and abilities by championing diversity, equity and inclusion.
This is why we are committed to having and fostering a diverse workforce, including those from historically marginalized groups, and are committed to a work environment where employees’ strengths are championed, differences are celebrated, and no one is discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization in order to build the foundation for different learners and thinkers to thrive.