Head of Content and SEO
- USA Only
- 1 applicant (9%)
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10)
SimpleTexting is a SaaS company that makes it easy for businesses of all sizes to text their audience. Our customers use us to send marketing campaigns, important alerts, and have two-way sales and customer support conversations. Over the last decade, we’ve helped countless organizations better communicate with the people most important to them. We continue to set ambitious goals and are looking for someone who can help us meet them.
SimpleTexting is proudly part of Sinch, a leading global Communication Platform as a Service (CPaaS) provider, offering messaging, voice and video communication solutions to a large global customer base. Sinch’s APIs and platform deal with over 145 billion engagements annually. Enterprise customers include 8 out of 10 of the largest US tech companies by market capitalization, major airlines, banks, retail, e-tail, internet, ride-hailing, parcel delivery companies and more.
Content is the foundation of our customer acquisition strategy at SimpleTexting. In the last three years it’s been a major reason for our massive growth and we want to double down on this investment by hiring a seasoned Head of Content and SEO to help us level up.
This is a perfect opportunity to do career-defining work while collaborating with a team that is talented, low ego, and open to ideas and challenges at every level.
The Mission, Should You Choose to Accept It
At SimpleTexting, we've written hundreds of blogs and built landing pages that rank for key search terms. We also benefit from solid word-of-mouth and high NPS, all buoyed by a category that is set to continue growing.
This puts our new Head of Content and SEO in a privileged position. You won’t have to pitch us on the importance of refreshing content. You don’t have to worry about the pressure to turn around a low domain authority website. You’re not building anything from scratch.
Instead you’ll get to focus on expanding our search footprint across channels like YouTube, improving existing rankings, and chartering a course for how we evolve our approach.
If you think you could thrive in an environment like this, then let’s get to the details
$100,000 - $120,000. Salary will be evaluated based upon experience.
- Manage a team that owns new trials and customer numbers from organic search.
- Better define our strategic vision and roadmap for content.
- Create and maintain a content calendar that targets every stage in the customer journey.
- Collaborate with our SEO agency and other external partners.
- Expand our digital PR capabilities with targeted campaigns.
- Help prioritize technical SEO projects and other website improvements.
- Build a strong culture of engagement, innovation, and happiness within your team.
- Communicate learnings and find ways to scale wins.
The preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- You have 7+ yrs of experience of driving business results with content and SEO. You have at least 2+ years of experience leading a high-performing team.
- You have experience working with large-scale content creation, optimization, and SEO strategies in a competitive space. Bonus points if you have SaaS experience.
- You can effortlessly manage SEO and content workflows and prioritize projects across different teams.
- You’re comfortable toggling between strategy and execution.
- You know the difference between mediocre content and great content, and only deliver the latter.
- You’re a strong writer who isn’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and write as needed.
- You’re comfortable with technical SEO recommendations and have experience working with web developers to make website improvements.
- You’re comfortable conducting research to identify relevant keyword and content gaps.
- You know tools like SEMRush, Ahrefs, Splittest, Clearscope, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Google Ads inside out.
Our values of Dream big, Win together, Keep it simple and Make it happen are what make us successful on our journey to be the global leader in customer engagement for SMBs, so people who feel a connection to these values and like the pace of a fast-growing global company will easily fit into our team. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds to be their authentic self and bring their values into their work. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better our success will be. In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous time-off policy - take the time you need to operate at peak performance.
- Excellent medical benefits, including multiple medical, dental & vision plans to meet your personal needs
- A day off for your birthday
- Coaching and ongoing career development
If you're looking for your next opportunity in your career and want to work for a growing tech company, then apply now!