Global Compensation Manager
- 3 applicants (27%)
Global Compensation Manager, DevCo
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity’s most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
The Protocol Labs Compensation team manages and oversees all compensation programs. Our work impacts each and every Labber through the initiatives we administer to reward, incentivize, and retain top talent.
People at Protocol Labs
The People Team at Protocol Labs powers our work. Protocol Labs is a product- development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and spec work, behind our implementations are passionate people, teammates and community members. The people team ensures that the Protocol Labs team remains happy, aligned and productive. Protocol Labs works at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open source, distributed work). The people team has the challenging and exciting task of taking the best from these cultures to shape the way we work at PL and ensure we all grow as people and professionals. All of this happens in an environment defined by curiosity, passion, and a love for open source.
As a Global Compensation Manager at Protocol Labs you will…
- Partner with business leaders to develop, design, implement and/or maintain compensation plans
- Support business needs through analysis during the annual and mid-year review cycle.
- Conduct in-depth competitive analyses and modeling for total rewards programs, including salary increases, internal pay equity analysis, competitive assessments of market pay trends, equity utilization and budget impact.
- Build and optimize all compensation process and tools for growth and scale
- Develop, implement, and maintain compensation policies and programs.
- Collect compensation surveys to analyze competitive salary information and improve our compensation programs.
- Apply analytic outcomes to transform raw people/compensation data into meaningful and actionable compensation insights.
- Design and execute data models using statistical principles (e.g., regression, correlation, etc.)
- Produce concise, story-centered presentations to communicate analytic insights.
- Create, maintain, and update interactive data dashboards and visualizations.
- Partner with business leadership to identify key people metrics that align with business strategies and help guide decisions.
- Partner with external compensation consultants to review current compensation plans
- Partner with people analytics to run pay equity review
You may be a fit for this role if you have...
- 5+ years of experience in workforce analytics, business intelligence, and/or compensation analytics.
- Advanced skills in data visualization and analytic tools – experience with Looker or Tableau preferred.
- Excellent data analytic skills and can effectively present those findings to different audiences
- Advanced understanding of compensation survey data with ability to guide competitive pay decisions
- Solid applied statistical and analytical skills to design and execute predictive, descriptive, and inferential statistics.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex analytics insights to non-technical audiences, including senior leadership.
- Proven ability to adapt and work effectively in a matrix organization with competing deadlines
- Proficiency in acquiring, organizing, cleansing, and manipulating large amounts of data.
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs’ mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.