Fees and Billing Specialist
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Fees & Billing Specialist
Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they’re helping people reach their long-term financial goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that’s hard to beat. And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you’ll enjoy the freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
The Fees and Billing Coordinator is responsible for the understanding, set up and execution of fee structures, as well as monitoring system functionality for all retirement services lines of business. Responsibilities include reviewing contracts and fee schedules, setting up on-going plan billing, participant fees, revenue sharing, review or coordination of invoice payments, receivables reconciliations. All activity has direct client and financial impact as well as drives all fee disclosure documents.
What you will do
- Processes fee setups/changes, conversions, invoice adjustments and payments across all segments/plan types in Empower’s recordkeeping system
- Actively manages assigned service requests and priorities requests based on deadlines and financial impact
- Interpret and translate fee contractual agreements into the appropriate system setups/structures
- Effectively utilizes system to research fees at plan/participant level
- Question setup inconsistencies and non-standard requests
- Take ownership and drive outstanding items to resolution by following up with applicable teams/contacts to resolve
- Ensure a consistent high level of service and quality is achieved by intervening as needed to ensure internal customers are getting needs met
- Collaborate with multiple departments across the organization including: Relationship Management, Client Service, Partner Services, Implementation, Revenue, Deconversions, and Technology
- Create manual invoices, provide reconciliations and handle custom fee processes for specialized plans
- Research and resolve all open items in SAP related to outstanding receivables
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance ideal
- 3+ years’ experience in mutual fund or broker dealer back office and accounting
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work within prescribed deadlines and in a team environment
- Results oriented with ability to effectively handle multiple tasks/work responsibilities at the same time
- FINRA fingerprinting required upon hire
What will set you apart
- Intermediate Excel, Word and Access skills preferred
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse workforce
- Strong problem resolution skills
What we offer you
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of where you are in your career. We believe that providing our employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings – 401(k) plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 6%), financial advisory services, potential company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment lineup
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear jeans
- Generous paid time off upon hire – including a paid time off program plus ten paid company holidays and three floating holidays each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time — 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs – including paid parental leave, paid short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) – internal networks that rally around common interest, experiences and identities such as race, ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation. BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and advancing our business priorities.
The salary range below describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position in the location listed. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Base Salary Range
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, religion, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.