Escalation Specialist, Dental and Vision
- USA Only
- 2 applicants
Escalation Specialist, D &V
The Division: Dental & Vision
Location: Tampa, FL, US, 33607
Salary Range: $33,000 – $76,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America’s best- known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Work Designation. Depending on your location within the continental US, this role may be hybrid or remote.
- If you live within 50 miles of the Aflac offices located in Columbus, GA or Columbia, SC, this role will be hybrid. This means you will be expected to work in the office for at least 60% of the work week. You will work from your home (within the continental US) for the remaining portion of the work week. Details of this schedule will be discussed with your leadership.
- If you live more than 50 miles from the Aflac offices located in Columbus, GA or Columbia, SC, this role will be remote. This means you will be expected to work from your home, within the continental US. If the role is remote, there may be occasions that you are requested to come to the office based on business need. Any requests to come to the office would be communicated with you in advance.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to effectively perform in high volume environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Written communication skills Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to handle distressed callers with patience and professionalism
- Expanded Word, Excel, Outlook
Education & Experience Required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Two or more years of customer service experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Intake/triage escalation cases from the call center team. Determine priority and assign case to an ES team member
- Research escalated cases and work inter-departmentally to resolve the member’s complaint
- Data Entry Update member eligibility data as received by the Health Plan and internal Argus customers
- Research member account history, plan, payment options, complaints and other discrepancies; and correct as needed
- Research and respond to all escalated inquiries with a strong sense of urgency
- Special Projects Audit retrieve and assemble universes, Call Selections retrieve and analyze, Procedure audit assemble and review documents and P&P’s that support statues and Health Plan requirements
- Utilizes customer service strategies such as active listening, expressing empathy, problem solving, courtesy, and other skills deemed necessary
- Documents, tracks, and communicates issues appropriately using and accurately to deliver high quality customer service
- Serves as floor resource to support Customer Care Representatives
- Provide back-up to other units within the division as needed
- Other related duties as assigned
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $33,000 to $76,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.