Director of People
- USA Only
- 6 applicants (30%)
Title: Director of People
Location:Remote – US
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
As the Director of People, you will be an integral part of shepherding us into our next phase of growth. All aspects of Twelve’s people practices are optimized in support of our values, culture of collaboration, inclusion, learning and high performance. We are passionate about facilitating and enriching a purposeful work experience for all team members. The People Team is progressive, fast-paced, knowledgeable, and invested in the growth of our teammates.
You will be influencing the culture and structure of the People team at Twelve while reporting to VP, People & Places. You will partner with the entire People team while managing the People Partners, Total Rewards, and People Operations functions. This is an opportunity to make an impact on our mission by scaling the overall structure for our People Operations strategy and taking it to the next level. We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating equitable people practices and believes that diversity is fundamental to a company’s success. You are right for this role if you are a passionate people leader who is equally passionate about Twelve’s mission.
What you will do
- Be a culture leader and steward across the organization. Develop creative solutions to unify and maintain a high performance culture among diverse employee groups as we continue to scale.
- Oversee the implementation of policies, processes, and procedures to support our people compliance and strategy.
- Partner with People team members, foster cross-functional alliances.
- Oversee the research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from our HRIS and other data sources.
- Partner with team stakeholders to understand their challenges, frame opportunities, and create solutions.
- Recommend new policies, procedures, and approaches, as well as assess existing policies and processes, with a focus on improving the employee experience and maintaining our sense of Twelve.
- Mentor and grow the People Operations and People Partner teams.
- Maintain a pulse on employee morale and engagement, continuously identifying opportunities to create an engaged workforce, and better connect with all employees throughout the entire employee lifecycle. Develop a best-in-class employee experience that drives clarity, transparency, and engagement and enables team members to perform at their best.
- Design, improve, and operate scalable people systems, such as onboarding and culture exercises, and more in order to maintain high performance and organizational cohesion as Twelve continues to grow.
Who you are
- You have 5-7 years of experience managing within a People team with a strong People Operations background.
- You are equipped to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- You are able to work remotely with a minimum of oversight while collaborating with a team.
- You are skilled in data analysis, and able to tie our metrics to organizational priorities.
- You have proven experience in coaching – able to manage/grow people at various levels.
- You are able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization using written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- You have a growth mindset and ability to assess and manage competing priorities in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
At Twelve, it’s important each employee is compensated competitively and fairly. In alignment with state legal requirements, Twelve conducts exhaustive research to understand compensation markets. A range for the included position is listed below. Be advised, actual offer details are determined by job category, job location, and candidate skill level.
United States Wage Range: $192,000 – $240,000
Please note that some pay bands may have wide ranges of compensation to accommodate candidate’s diverse sets of skill levels.