Director of Operations and Finance
- USA Only
Title: Director of Operations & Finance (remote)
- Location: Remote
About Live Your Message
Our mission is getting people so excited about changing their lives… that they stop dreaming and actually do it.
Through “choose your own adventure” online business education, we make it possible for anyone with a big message to reach more people, make more money and have a bigger impact in the world by creating a business that is truly authentic and aligned with who they are.
In service of this mission, our team is behind some of the most creative online marketing and digital product launches out there and we partner with the top business & internet marketing minds on the planet.
We re looking for an exceptional Director of Operations & Finance to join our leadership team and help us reach our goal of $20MM in annual revenue by 2023.
- Maximize profitability and organizational efficiency through direct management of the company s administration, finances, operations, human resources, tech systems & key process development.
- Own the company s financial reporting, detailed expense management and all financial analysis, including financial modeling and forecasting.
- Support a Culture of Accountability where the organization structure as well as each employee s role is crystal clear with measures of success directly tied to the company s Annual & Quarterly Rocks.
- Oversee all HR activities including hiring, compliance, performance management, compensation reviews, payroll and benefits.
- Drive a Culture of Data from individual KPI tracking and reporting for every function in the organization to inform our weekly departmental innovation meetings, quarterly and annual planning processes.
- Partner with leadership team to model & forecast all growth related initiatives (e.g., new program development, expansion into new markets, evergreen marketing & sales campaigns).
- Maximize the ROI from our software systems and optimize company processes to ensure a smooth, steady flow of the right information to the right people at the right times.
- Run daily departmental huddles
- Run weekly departmental meetings
- Participate in weekly cross-departmental huddles
- Participate in weekly, quarterly & annual leadership team meetings
- Meet with other directors and managers to understand and solve system issues
- Extensive experience (7+ years) profitably scaling digital companies from $10-50MM+
- Data-driven, creative problem solver — you love collaborating with strong personalities in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Broad range of experience in operations, strategy, finance, organizational & project management, data analysis and digital marketing
- Comfort navigating a moderately complex P&L, Balance Sheet & Cashflow statements
- Ability to explain how team members activities directly impact aspects of these reports (open book management)
- Aligned with our Mission & Values so deeply that you hope to make Live Your Message your forever home.
- Bias for accuracy and organization
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience operating within Traction by Gino Wickman (Scaling Up or E-Myth also helpful)
- Experience with Infusionsoft, ClickUp, Rippling or similar software
- Versed in implementing books like Simple Numbers 2.0, Ownership Thinking, Great Game of Business
- Finance: financial analysis and modeling, financial reporting, risk management, pricing compensation planning, budgeting, collections and dunning, cap table management, fundraising
- Strategy: M&A, business strategy and planning, due diligence, post-merger integration, change management, strategic partnerships
- Operations: project management, software optimization, process improvement, CRM architecture, sales operations, data analysis & dashboards, online education
- Management: communication, team building and development, Board reporting,
- Marketing: digital marketing, SEM, Organic Search Optimization (SEO), lead generation, building funnels, client services
This is a full-time position with benefits. We re looking for someone who s interested in sticking around to grow with us, not just someone looking for a side gig to keep them afloat as they pursue their real passion. There will be plenty of opportunities for advancement here!
The role is also 100% virtual, but you need to be available to work during normal business hours (approximately 9am to 6pm Pacific time, give or take two hours) regardless of the time zone you live in. Some weekend and night work will be required during events and launch activities. And, having a reliable up-to-date computer is a must!
What to Expect as a Teammate of Live Your Message
- You ll never be penalized for taking initiative to solve a problem or to fix a systems issue that you identify.
- You ll be part of a hard-working and amazing team who are dedicated to making a difference in this world through the people we serve and truly enjoy what they do and have fun along the way too!
- You ll be supported with practical information and systems that set you up for success.
- Opportunities to learn and grow; personally and professionally with training courses, mentorship, fun retreats and working team vacations
- A fun, gamified context for completing your goals, making suggestions and working together as a team
- Great opportunities for advancement
If this position is calling out to you, we want to hear from you!