Director of Email and Push Marketing
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Director of Email and Push Marketing
Remote – United States
job requisition id
We Are Overstock:
At Overstock.com, we believe that everyone should “Be You!”. Overstock is a community that upholds a culture of understanding, acceptance, and respect. We believe a person’s individuality is at the core of diversity, and those traits, beliefs, and characteristics should be valued and embraced. Living by this ethos is essential to the success of our business. Our goal is to foster a more diverse environment where every employee visibly demonstrates inclusive behaviors and respect for individuals.
This position is eligible for remote work. Currently we can hire employees in the following states: California, Connecticut, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming. This role will have occasional on site expectations.
Developing highly effective and personalized email and push marketing strategy while managing the Email operations team and working with various cross functional teams including marketing, merchandising, product, data activation, finance and engineering to increase sales, profitability and improve brand awareness
- Own and implement testing strategies to increase ROI for the email and Push programs
- Working with the creative team to develop effective email and push messaging and designs
- Providing expertise, leadership and direction on complex and personalized dynamic messaging, emails, customer segmentation, targeting and email coupon strategy
- Overseeing proper set-up, testing and deployment of email and push campaigns
- Work with a team of resources responsible for database set-up, segmentation, and executing out bound email marketing campaigns tracking performance relative to targets and continually optimizing results
- Overseeing management of email and push marketing calendars, lead email white listing & ISP relations, CAN-SPAM compliance, list scrubbing, etc, refine and continually improve email marketing processes both on the marketing and technical side
- Continual research of the email industries best practices with recommendations to improve Overstock.com’s email and push programs
- Produce market research on competitor programs with recommendations to improve email programs as well as email software/hardware systems
- Work with Overstock.com’s Engineering teams on email software system architecture, upgrades and enhancements
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
- Follow legal policies as directed
- Experience hiring and leading diverse teams
- 5-6+ years’ experience with email and Push Marketing, experience with databases
- 3+ years of management experience managing Email Marketing teams
- Experience in segmentation, multi-variate testing and/or other marketing testing, and marketing data analysis
- Experience in execution of complex, triggered based campaigns
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS and SQL
- Knowledge of reputation management best practices such as white listing and list management
- Excellent quantitative skills with an ability to identify trends/insights from data
- Demonstrated ability to drive revenue and response from email and Push messaging programs
- Reputation as being effective in communication (written, verbal and presentation) between both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong experience using state of the art marketing automation and multi-channel orchestration platforms (Braze Experience a plus)
- Demonstrated understanding of email marketing best practices and target marketing, with a track record of meeting campaign performance goals
- Experience managing end to end Email and Push marketing programs
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, experience with online analytics and BI tools such as Google Analytics, Looker, MicroStrategy and Data Studio
- Email and Push marketing
- Team management
- Cross functional collaboration
- Marketing testing
- Marketing data analysis
- Google Analytics
- B.S. in Marketing and/or a related field required, Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred. Technical and Analytical background preferred.
Base Pay Range:
- $140,800 – $176,000
Who We Are:
We’re a passionate group of collaborative problem solvers and creative innovators, working on cutting-edge technology. From building award-winning retail applications (with amazing AR functionality) to creating leading blockchain and machine learning technologies, each of us embodies a unique value and contributes a diverse perspective to the team.
What We Offer:
- 401k (6% match)
- Flexible Schedules
- Onsite Health Clinic
- Tuition Reimbursement, Leadership Development Program, & Mentorship Program
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Overstock Women’s Network (OWN)
- And More…
*Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election
- This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions.
- You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job- related characteristic protected by law.