Director, Billing and Payment Operations
- USA Only
- 2 applicants (13%)
Title:Director, Billing and Payment Operations
Location: US National
We’re here to make legal help accessible to all. LegalZoom transformed the legal industry with the launch of our online services and groundbreaking technology in 2001. Since then, millions of customers have counted on us to officially start and run businesses, protect brands and intellectual property, and look after loved ones through wills and trusts.
As the industry leader for over 20 years, innovation remains at the center of all we do. We’re creative thinkers and problem solvers with a passion for building legal and tax products that make a positive impact on the world, and we’re always looking for exceptional people to push us further.
With us, you’ll do work that’s as rewarding as it is challenging with a team where every voice matters and diversity, equality, and inclusion are truly embraced. Together, we’ll continue to democratize the law and make a real difference in the lives of millions.
LegalZoom.com, Inc. is seeking a Director of Billing and Payments. This highly visible role will help to develop, implement, and monitor enhancements to the Company’s current capabilities as it relates to customer payments. This role reports directly to the CFO and includes expanding current digital payment options and optimizing payment processing costs while improving conversion and retention and mitigating risk. As a result, this individual will engage in projects that span the entire company including product development, customer service, business intelligence, legal, financial accounting and more.
- Work closely with the payments platform team to ensure acceptance of all popular forms of payment and help drive revenue by optimizing the customer payment experience
- Work closely with the product team on user experience enhancements and best practices as it relates to the check-out experience and payment processing
- Leverage payment processing domain expertise to help drive improvements in payment processing success rates on initial and recurring transactions, ultimately improving conversion and retention
- Lead business development, negotiation of terms, and vendor management discussions related to all things payments and subscription management
- Develop and rigorously monitor and analyze payment and purchase funnel-related metrics to identify performance anomalies and key trends which drive actionable insights
- Lead fraud and chargeback processes to develop and maintain industry leading techniques to combat and mitigate fraud
- Work with cross-functional teams (engineering, finance, tax, legal) to ensure changes flow through the proper systems and controls to support financial reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7+ years of experience in payment or payment-related roles with responsibility for digital payment processing, recurring billing
- Experience managing payment fraud and general risk programs
- Experience managing relationships and contractual terms with external business partners/vendors
- Data-oriented, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to use business intelligence tools, build spreadsheet models and analyze complex data to drive insights
- Inquisitive and curious, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong understanding of financial and operational controls (SOX compliance)
Since March 2020, our Zoomers have worked remotely and reported an overall better work-life balance with more time for family and personal wellness.
At the end of 2021, LegalZoom made the official commitment to being a remote- first company. Remote-first means that there is no expectation that Zoomers come into an office for a fixed number of days outside of those employees identified as essential onsite workers. While we remain a remote-first culture, our local offices have evolved as collaboration spaces for Zoomers to meet and engage in person.
This position will be (remote/or SF Bay Area, LA Metro, and Austin Metro office location/s).
LegalZoom is a remote-first company and the national range for this role is ($126,000-$216,000). Actual compensation offered will depend on several factors including but not limited to: geographic location, work experience, education, skill level, and/or other business and organizational needs. In addition, an annual bonus, incentive bonus and/or restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package. You will also receive a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits as seen below.
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
401k, With Matching Contributions
Paid Time Off
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
Plus other wellness benefits to include:
Fringe lifestyle benefits up to $250