Coordinator, Talent Pipeline Programs
Coordinator, Talent Pipeline Programs (Telework)
Baltimore, MD, United States
This is a telecommuter role, to be based in a country where CRS serves or the United States. Locations where CRS works can be found here: https://www.crs.org/our-work-overseas/where-we-work.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
As a global organization, CRS is comprised of almost 8,000 people from over 100 countries who collaborate to catalyze transformational change. One key component of CRS’ Strategy is to build a more agile, innovative, and impactful organization. The Organization and Talent Development Team within Global People Resources (GPR) supports this important work by leading several initiatives, including the design and implementation of talent pipeline and leadership programs.
The Coordinator for Talent Pipeline Programs will support the growing portfolio of programs that build our leadership pipelines. CRS’ Talent Pipeline Programs advance specific workforce needs by recruiting, developing and positioning talent for key roles with the agency. The Coordinator will manage key activities around learning & knowledge management/sharing, training and learning events, recruitment, travel, and more to support the effective implementation of multiple Talent Pipeline Programs.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Support the coordination of Talent Pipeline Program activities across different platforms (e.g. MS Teams) for learning/knowledge management and resource sharing
- Manage training program logistics (e.g. set up virtual learning sessions, coordinate facilitator and participant schedules across multiple time zones, schedule guest speakers, coordinate coaching sessions, small group working sessions)
- Support learning, accountability and adaptive management across talent pipeline programs (e.g. manage learning check-ins with various stakeholders, collect and analyze program data, create reports). Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and program schedules.
- Support recruitment, selection and onboarding activities (e.g. research, marketing, outreach, candidate application review, reference/background checks)
- Manage online platform for recruitment, and train CRS staff on optimal use for efficient candidate review
- Administer assessments for participants as per learning objectives of each program
- Manage purchasing of learning program materials, licenses and assessments
- Manage logistics for international travel of program participants
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g. International Development, Program Administration, HR, Organization Development, Leadership Development)
- Three years of work experience in project management, training or event coordination support
Required Languages – English required; French or Spanish a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong relationship management skills, ability to work closely with team members of diverse backgrounds, ability to work effectively in virtual space
- Make sound judgments through observation, active listening and analysis
- Attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, resourceful, service-oriented, adaptable
- Strong project management skills: ability to initiate tasks, conduct research, effectively coordinate, follow through for task completion per established deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies; interest and experience in using technology and new platforms to improve work efficiency
- Ability to manage a diverse range of job functions
- Proficiency in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), MS Teams
- Experience of coordinating and/or managing training programs and events
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data
- Experience serving as a project lead from conception to completion
Agency-wide Respect, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (REDI) Competencies
Based on the mission, values, and guiding principles of the agency, CRS REDI competencies are to be exemplified by all staff in fulfillment of his or her respective roles and responsibilities.
- Personal Accountability
- Acts with Integrity
- Builds and Maintains Trust
- Collaborates with Others
- Open to Learn
- Strategic Mindset
- Develops and Recognizes Others
- Leads Change
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal – Global People Resources (multiple teams w/in department), Overseas Operations Training and Learning team, Regional Teams, Country Program Leadership, HR Managers, etc. Participants in CRS Pipeline Programs (SAIL, International Development Fellows, Junior Professionals, ASPIRE).
External – Vendors for online recruitment systems, language assessments, assessments, program materials
Work Conditions/Environment Conditions: This is a telecommuting role, based in one of CRS’ +70 locations (including the United States).
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the country they will work from to at the time of application.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V – CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.