Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting Specialist
- 7 applicants
Collaborating, Learning, and Adaptating (CLA) Specialist – SE Asia
Location: Global (multiple)
Type: Full Time
Who we are
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people’s lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digital product solutions and strategic communications initiatives bringing a high standard and unique creative energy to our clients and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our team with an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrives and solutions flourish.
100% Remote with 25% travel in SE Asia
Bixal is seeking a Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Specialist for an ongoing three-year monitoring, evaluation and learning contract. The position is 100% remote and open to applicants from Southeast Asia. The ideal candidate is an expert with experience using data, reports and people’s experience to support projects to better collaborate, learn and adapt to improve efficiency and effectiveness. The CLA Specialist will support the Chief of Party (COP) and USAID to provide guidance, technical leadership and technical oversight for teams supporting CLA assignments for USAID and their partners. The CLA Specialist will provide expert level support and advice on how projects could work together more effectively, how to better use data to learn and ultimately adapt programming. The CLA Specialist will have experience managing consultants and sub-contractors, a budget, and the safety and security of staff. The period of performance is three years.
- Support the COP to deliver high quality CLA services as required by USAID
- Able to deliver on all areas of MEL (health, economic growth, governance and humanitarian support)
- Represents the company to USAID technical officers and implementing partners
- Provides senior level technical and managerial support on projects, such as learning events, workshops, training, analysis or other tasks as required
- Assists with trouble shooting and problem-solving when the need arises, including delivering services to the client when required
- Master’s degree in relevant field or Ph.D. in the social sciences
- 5+ years of experience in collaboration, learning and adapting of international development programs
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects
- Experience as a trainer preferred
- Experience with CDCS development and portfolio reviews preferred
- Recognized senior level expert in USAID’s approach to collaborating, learning and adapting and strong people skills
- Excellent trainer and committed to capacity building approaches
- Loves to learn and willing to experiment with new technology and new ways of working
- Technical expertise in one or more thematic sectors (such as health, democracy and governance, education, civil society strengthening, environment etc.) a strong plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment
- Fluency in English
- Candidates based in Southeast Asia with USAID experience welcome
Bixal is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are dedicated to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and beyond.