Benefits and HR Operations Administrator
- USA Only
- 2 applicants (10%)
Benefits & HR Ops Administrator
GENERAL & ADMINISTRATION – HUMAN RESOURCES
At Amyris, we value that everyone’s career journey is unique and authentic to who they are. If this role excites you, we encourage you to apply and grow alongside us! You may be just the right candidate for this or other open roles.
The Benefits & HR Ops Administrator will provide operational and specialized support to the Global Total Rewards team. This role works cross-functionally with the HR team (Talent/HRIS/Total Rewards/People Partners), payroll, finance and external vendors on ongoing total rewards initiatives, special projects, employee data quality and reporting. This role will maintain current processes with a critical focus on process efficiency, effectiveness, documentation, and auditability. This role is transitional as Amyris moves from disparate employee data systems toward Workday.
- Participate in and assist with benefits administration activities including;
- Leave of absence documentation collection, follow up and posting.
- Administrative tracking, documentation and follow up on Leave of Absence processes and related employee, vendor and payroll communications and coordination.
- Administer employee changes/updates in benefits enrollment and 401(k) platforms.
- Manage the Benefits Inbox for employee inquiries and resolution.
- US benefits related events such as annual benefits enrollment, new hire benefits orientations and wellness events.
Payroll and HR Data
- Provide first pass data collection, formatted reporting and quality-check of required documents for final review and submission of weekly and semi-monthly payrolls by the Total Rewards Analyst.
- Apply keen prioritization and escalation to Total Rewards Analyst regarding special situations and ad hoc requests.
- Assist in the planning and execution of key payroll activities and initiatives such as quarterly bonus processing and focal review changes.
- With direction from Global Total Rewards colleagues, drive data quality, robustness and improved reportability to prepare for high quality transition of data to Workday.
- Execute standard workforce reports on an agreed schedule to an agreed distribution. Receive and resolve all standard workforce report queries.
- Partner with Global Total Rewards and Talent colleagues to create integrated workforce reporting for current, planned, and recruited headcount which utilizes data from both BambooHR and Lever, our ATS. Participate in the design and implementation of such reports.
- Partner with Service Desk to complete/respond to service tickets under the HR Service Hub, ensuring compliance for access submissions and extensions.
- Review/Audit HRIS change submissions for compliance and processing.
- Total Rewards Operations
- Monitor and action daily all queries sent to @hr and @benefits. Follow and meet service-level-agreements related to timing and quality of responses. With urgency and effectiveness, request assistance and/or escalate any issues that require additional assistance, knowledge or comment.
- Evangelize an employee self-service approach to HR queries by responding to queries with information and access to internal and external tools and resources that could serve their needs.
- Assist in compliance activities, including gathering required data, reporting metrics and regulatory reporting to meet minimum state and federal requirements.
- 2+ years’ experience with total rewards operational processes including benefits administration, HRIS data entry, quality and robustness, people data reporting and US payroll processes gained through hands-on experience in a role within a human resources team.
- Familiarity with and literacy of human resources administrative processes related to benefits, time-off tracking, headcount reporting.
- Direct experience with BambooHR/Workday/Lever a plus.
- Fully competent in using Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Detail orientation, highly numerate and ability to carry out ongoing and planned activities as well as handle ad hoc and time-sensitive requests.
- Uses resources effectively and efficiently while orchestrating multiple activities.
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; enjoys challenges; quickly understands underlying structure of issues and/or tasks.
- Effective problem-solving ability and strong analytical skills; can see underlying or hidden problems and patterns.
Amyris is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The contract hourly rate for this role is $25.oo to $40.00 per hour. The hourly rate will vary based on the candidate’s skills, depth of experience and specific work location.
We hold deep regard in the power of representation and cultivation of a diverse work environment. Join us at Amyris, where you can find a sense of belonging and know that your voice is centered.
At Amyris, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) is essential to our core values. We embrace and encourage an equity-minded work culture, knowing that it is the driving force of innovation that positively impacts our employees, consumers, and communities. And for Amyris, a sense of belonging is what drives our mission forward and is the foundation of everything we do, ensuring a healthier, more sustainable future for us all. Make Good, No Compromise
Amyris (Nasdaq: AMRS) is a leading synthetic biotechnology company, transitioning the Clean Health & Beauty and Flavors & Fragrances markets to sustainable ingredients through fermentation and the company’s proprietary Lab-to-Market™ technology platform. This Amyris platform leverages state-of- the-art machine learning, robotics and artificial intelligence, enabling the company to rapidly bring new innovation to market at commercial scale. Amyris ingredients are included in over 20,000 products from the world’s top brands, reaching more than 300 million consumers. Amyris also owns and operates a family of consumer brands that is constantly evolving to meet the growing demand for sustainable, effective and accessible products. For more information, please visit http://www.amyris.com.
Amyris, the Amyris logo, No Compromise, Biossance, JVN, Pipette, Purecane, Rose Inc. and Lab-to-Market, Terasana are trademarks or registered trademarks of Amyris, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) , Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at email@example.com
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.