Benefit and Leave of Absence Coordinator
- USA Only
- 1 applicant (33%)
Title: KNA Benefit and Leave of Absence Coordinator
Location: Remote/Nationwide Remote/Nationwide USA
For more than 80 years, Kaplan has been a trailblazer in education and professional advancement. We are a global company at the intersection of education and technology, focused on collaboration, innovation, and creativity to deliver a best-in-class educational experience and make Kaplan a great place to work.
The future of education is here and we are eager to work alongside those who want to make a positive impact and inspire change in the world around them.
The Benefits and Leave of Absence (LOA) Coordinator will provide support to employees for their leave of absence (LOA), health, wellness, retirement and other benefits needs. Partnering closely with the Lead Benefits and Leave of Absence Specialist, this role is responsible for ensuring employees are educated and have the answers they need on leaves of absence and the benefits Kaplan offers.
- Provide best-in-class support to internal and external customers by responding timely and accurately to basic inquiries regarding leave of absence, health, wellness, and other benefits.
- Complete all required benefit auditing and reporting during open enrollment and throughout the year; examples of reporting include ACA analysis, benefit annual rate (BAR) review, state-specific reporting, 1095 review, etc.
- Coordinate benefit programming and resources from either internal or external sources.
- Process invoices from benefits vendors and providers.
- Develop and send communications either individually or company wide related to leave of absence, wellness, employee experience, engagement, and other related communications. Enhance communication tools to improve the overall employee experience.
- Facilitate New Employee Benefit Orientation virtually.
- Maintain FMLA, ADA, Worker s Compensation, COVID and any other wellness related trackers, run any applicable auditing reports, and complete required forms to ensure full compliance.
- Ensure data integrity by conducting regular internal audits.
- Continuously evaluate processes and procedures related to employee well-being at Kaplan to seek efficiencies and improvements that can be made to enhance the overall employee experience. Recommend edits to processes and policies as appropriate.
- Maintain current knowledge of FMLA, state paid leave, ADA, and Worker s Compensation regulations.
- Assist in other areas of employee experience, engagement, and other benefits as needed (e.g. employee recognition/awards, etc).
Education & Experience
- Bachelor s Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent education and experience
- 1+ years of related benefits, leave of absence, or HR experience.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft and/or Google Suite, including PowerPoint/Slides and Excel/Sheets; experience with HRIS and/or benefits databases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate to employees at all levels of the organization.
- Effective planning and priority setting with a strong sense of urgency. Ability to work efficiently and autonomously in a remote environment is critical.
- Ability to manage and carry out multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines. Flexibility to work with changing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, workers’ compensation, and etc.
- SHRM-CP, PHR, CEBS or other HR/Benefits/LOA-related professional designations preferred.
- Previous experience with benefit vendor systems and HRIS
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Remote work providing flexible work/life balance
- Comprehensive Retirement Package including 401K company match and two pension programs
- Our Gift of Knowledge Program provides tuition assistance and substantial discounts for our employees and close family members
- Competitive health benefits and new hire eligibility starts day-1 of employment
- Generous Paid Time Off includes paid holidays, vacation, personal, sick paid time-off, plus one (1) volunteer day and one (1) diversity and inclusion day to participate and give back to our local communities
- And so much more!