- USA Only
Award winning interactive agency, AKA New Media Inc is looking for a Web Designer with a minimum of five years of professional web design experience to join its creative team. This position provides an opportunity to work on a wide array of creative digital projects from initial concept development through to final execution.
Please note that this is NOT a junior designer or technical position.
AKA is poised for growth and is seeking an experienced creative talent to engage, infuse and impact its team. If you are passionate about interactive design and want to work on a variety of projects of social and creative importance, please send us your resume.
Please be sure to visit www.akanewmedia.com to learn more.
- Education degree/certification in graphic design/interactive design
- Minimum 5 years professional interactive web design experience with strong understanding of web design best practices, typography and colour theory
- Proven concept development, visualization, prototyping, and production abilities
- Strong understanding of branding, strategic positioning and marketing
- Experience in logo and brand design
- Proven experience working on complex online properties and a mastery of mobile responsive design
- Enthusiastic and passionate about designing websites for clients in the not-for-profit and corporate realms
- Hands on experience in UX theory and design including wireframing and site architecture planning an asset
- Experience working closely with project management and development teams
- Experience presenting to clients and communicating design rationale to stakeholders
- Strong communication skills
- Strong production workflow and production experience
- Print design and production experience an asset
- Mobile app design experience an asset
Must have a command of the following software:
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
Working understanding of:
- HTML and CSS (to be able to produce web ready assets and designs)
- Designing templates for CMS integration
- Designing for AODA compliance
- Experience using Invision is a plus
- Experience with modern animation and video tools is a plus
Please describe your specific contribution/role on any projects mentioned in resume/portfolio. Salary based on experience.
COVID-19 & Precautions
Currently AKA's entire team is working remotely. As such, all training, on- boarding, and the fulfilment of the role will be carried out remotely until further notice. However, AKA reserves the right to request in-person, onsite meetings, as long as Ontario Health and Safety COVID-19 protocols are met. In the future, once this situation changes, candidates need to be able to work (at least part-time) on site at AKA's office in Toronto.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please no recruitment agencies.