VP of UX
- USA Only
Who We’re Looking For:
MyHealthTeams creates social networks, support, and information for people facing chronic conditions. We are looking for a proven Head of UX with a strong background in research to oversee the vision, strategy, and execution of UX. You will report to the SVP of Product, and can be based in the U.S. remotely or in our San Francisco or Sacramento offices.
You will be responsible for working with our engineering and product teams to help develop modern and efficient user-centric experiences for our 41+ social networks. Our trust and innovation formula is based on consumer voice, coupled with simplicity, relevance, and actionability. This role is perfect for an open and curious person who understands human-centered usability design and research methodologies, and knows how to efficiently work inclusively and collaboratively to creatively problem-solve.
What We’re Looking For:
- Hire, manage, and inspire a team of UX/UI designers & usability researchers with a focus on making users successful and proving that success with metrics.
- Foster an environment that’s rooted in user empathy with the ability to bring both quantitative and qualitative data into all stages of the dev/design cycle.
- Conduct user-centered research studies, including user interviews, surveys, competitive evaluations, etc., to identify user pain points and motivations.
- Understand end-to-end usability challenges via session playback analysis, usability testing, participatory design, etc., of various user states and segments.
- Create cohesive & seamless flows for users coming from email, notifications, and content marketing to discover & engage with our products across their lifecycle.
- Develop and present future design vision, including storyboards and user journey maps, to the leadership team and key stakeholders.
- 8+ years of experience working at a manager level in usability research.
- Very smart, analytical, and ability to fail without fear. Hungry to own results.
- Passion for connecting with members/users on a regular basis with leading tools and methodologies, and figuring out what they want and how to best deliver.
This is a full-time position. Due to COVID-19, it is a remote position; however, if/when we can go back to an office environment, you will have the opportunity to work in our downtown San Francisco office or our midtown Sacramento office. Option to work remotely in the states in which MHT operates is possible for the right candidate. We are offering a great opportunity to make a difference in the health care space.
- Our corporate headquarters is in San Francisco. We have an office in Sacramento and teams on both the West and East Coasts.
- Everyone here believes in the company mission, and we are committed to serving people facing chronic conditions.
- A close-knit, hard-working company where everyone respects everyone else’s contribution to our success
At MyHealthTeams, we believe in investing in people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help improve the lives of people facing chronic health conditions. To do this, we seek to:
Attract and hire a diverse workforce
- Cultivate an environment where colleagues feel welcomed and supported
- Nurture the professional growth of employees
MyHealthTeams is a 75+ person, mission-driven company that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find support, trusted information, and the best people around to help you.
With social networks in 41 different chronic conditions and over 2.5 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. Three years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, we believe your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being engaged in one of them will actually improve health outcomes. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. We believe that a business can “do good” while “doing well.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, portfolio, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “VP/Head of UX” in the email subject line.