- Europe Only
- 6 applicants (4%)
Vochlea Music is looking for a Visual Designer with an excellent eye for aesthetics, to bring our design vision to life. Working primarily on web and digital media we are looking for someone that can make our online presence stand out.
You’ll be working closely with different verticals of our team (marketing, support, design and technical) to produce UI designs for our website along with high quality graphics and visual media across our digital channels (website, social media, email). You’ll join a fast paced team of passionate individuals, and become the gatekeeper of our visual identity.
Vochlea Music is a London based creative technology company on a mission to empower music creators everywhere.
We’ve created an artificial intelligence (AI) Audio Engine that makes it easy for anyone to create, control and manipulate music using their voice. Imagine beatboxing triggering drum samples, humming a guitar part or controlling effects by the timbre of your voice - all absolutely live!
In 2019 we launched our first product, vocal recognition MIDI controller, Dubler Studio Kit.
We have since become the world leader in voice-to-MIDI technology; picking up international recognition and awards for innovation, design and user experience. In 2021 we launched the much anticipated Dubler 2, followed by the release of numerous updates and new features.
Working out of an office in the Biscuit Factory in Bermondsey, we are a small, close knit team who value diversity and inclusion. We believe in a good work- life balance and respectful working culture.
We have great ambitious aims for the business which we balance with a focus on enjoying the day-to-day. Join us on our journey to becoming the world leader in music innovation.
About the role
What you’ll do:
The goal: Elevate our visual identity to better represent our brand across all web media. Update our web UI and visual design with a professional, sophisticated, and playful aesthetic that connects to our customers.
- Develop a deep understanding of our brand, our users and their needs
- Produce UI designs for our website (with flow and structural guidance from our UX designer)
- Create visual design assets for our wider web presence including for social media and email campaigns
- Develop a coherent implementation of our brand guidelines across different media
- Manage the full creative process, from brief to delivery.
- Work in close collaboration with our UX designer to implement designs and customer flows.
- Communicate designs with the technical team, ensure designs are flexible enough and correctly implemented, and adjust designs as necessary
- Ensure all communication material is accessible
- Collaborate with the product design team to ensure the coherence of our design language and templates across product, web and marketing
- Collaborate with the marketing team
- 2+ years experience working as a UI or web designer
- A portfolio of successfully designed and implemented websites or interfaces
- Excellent visual eye (colour, typography, imagery etc), great attention to detail and ability to translate our design language into each project
- Comfortable communicating design rationale and justifying design decisions within the team and to stakeholders
- Skilled in layout and design for single page comms i.e. email design, landing pages etc
- Reflect a high level of organisation through the structure of design files, assets and templates
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Experience with Figma (or Adobe Suite)
- Positivity, ability to adapt and openness to collaboration
- Happy to get involved in a wide range of design tasks - including moving image work (video, animation), photography etc
- Right to work in the UK
Nice to have:
- Interest in music production or music technology
- Working knowledge of CSS / HTML / JS
- Experience working in a startup environment and agile environment
- Experience in email marketing
- Experience in producing brand and marketing assets
- Experience in video editing
- Copywriting competency // an understanding of what makes content engaging
Contract basis: Full time
Location: UK. Flexible working from our office in Bermondsey, London.
Holidays: 25 days holiday + bank holidays + 1 extra day of holiday per year of service (up to max 28 days + bank holidays total)
Social events : regular social events with the team
Salary : £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
To apply, please send your CV and portfolio to [email protected], and a short cover letter that includes
1 - What attracted you to apply
2 - Why, based on your experience, you think you would be a good fit for the position
Please note, we will not respond to any applicants that do not send us their CV, portfolio and cover letter
Closing date: 28th March 2023