Ever wish you could be in at the ground level to construct and shape an entire design language and identity? This is your opportunity. We'd love your help in making sure we're creating beautiful, elegant experiences that communicate our brand and visual language to the masses as well as to our customers. This role will report directly to the CEO, a design-forward leader, and work closely with the Head of Growth and the Marketing team.
As a team, we will work on a wide variety of materials, screens, and assets throughout Violet. You will get your hands dirty creating detailed illustrations, whether in 2D or 3D, you’ll lead updates to our identity, color selection, overall look and feel, and subsequent design language throughout the company. This is a job for people that obsess over type, color, stroke width, treatments, well-crafted illustrations, file construction, clarity of communication, and every detail.
Come help set the path for the future of our design team and visual language of our company and product.
- Brand identity
- Style guide
- Illustrations for marketing design purposes
- Diagramming styles for communicating complex topics in a simple way via images
- Website design
- Sales material design
- Refine UI elements and components
- Add illustrations and visual language to the product where helpful
Skills and Requirements
- Minimum 2+ years as a brand designer
- Minimum 2+ years as a UI designer
- Capable of self-directed work
- Highly collaborative and communicative with other team members and functions
- Highly detailed and focused on quality throughout the process
- Thrives when taking on new challenges
- Experience using Figma
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator
- Experience using JIRA or something similar (we use Linear)
- Product Design experience a plus
- Animation experience a plus (After Effects, Principle, lottie, etc)
- Portfolio of past design work required
** It’s ok if you don’t check every box on this list. We are looking for lifelong learners who can make Violet better with their curiosity, drive, and individual experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, please apply!
- Health: Top tier medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Well-being: Unlimited PTO, minimum of 1 day off per month (national holiday observance & quarterly company wellness day)
- Parental Leave: Violet’s policy offers biological, adoptive, and foster parents paid time off to spend that valued time with their family.
- WFH Stipend: Violet will provide a one time reimbursement to help you get your home office set up for remote work.
- Tools: Violet will provide any needed equipment for you to best succeed in your role (laptop, monitor, etc).
Violet.io, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In all areas of employment – recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment – we do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.