- North America
Title: Visual Designer
- Location: United States
Optoro is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions.
Our mission is to make retail more sustainable by eliminating all waste from returns. Our technology platform connects a seamless online returns experience with efficient supply chain processing and best in class reCommerce, so that retailers can improve outcomes across all points of the returns lifecycle.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country – including Kleiner Perkins, Revolution Growth, and UPS – Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees who love solving big problems. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
Optoro continues to work primarily remotely due to COVID-19. Interviews and onboarding for new candidates will be done remotely for the foreseeable future.
As a Visual Designer at Optoro you’ll be instrumental in helping us establish and grow Optoro’s brands. This is a multi-faceted role that will support Optoro’s B2B and D2C marketing functions, which includes Corporate Marketing (Brand and Lead Generation), Product Marketing & Sales, and BULQ® (eCommerce). You will use your expertise in composition, color, typography, and imagery to design objective-driven collateral that elevates our brand and communicates a clear, compelling story. This role reports to the Associate Creative Director, but will be responsible for independently collaborating with primary stakeholders within sales, marketing, ecommerce, and design. You will spend approximately 75% of your time on the Optoro brand and up to 25% of your time on BULQ, which will fluctuate depending on bandwidth.
In a given week, you could…
- Design content and assets to support B2B marketing objectives across the sales funnel, including: pitch decks and graphics, data reports, product brochures, social graphics and animations, digital ads, emails, and web assets.
- Partner with our Sr. Brand Designer to support BULQ marketing needs, including: social graphics and animations, emails, and other campaign assets.
- Maintain and govern consistent guidelines and asset libraries for our brands
- Think beyond aesthetics and apply methodical problem solving to design
- Participate in brainstorming and concept development
- Work cross functionally to proactively identify process gaps and areas for improvement
- Confidently manage numerous concurrent projects from concept to implementation adhering to agreed-upon timelines.
- Be autonomous. Take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for every detail, every step of the way.
- Be committed to continuous learning and personal development.
The perfect candidate has…
- At least 3 years of relevant experience, including brand and marketing design
- Bachelor’s Degree in a design-related field
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects/Premiere, and Library Management)
- Proficiency in Google Suite, specifically Slides and Docs
- Experience creating motion graphics, video compositing, and editing (short-form)
- Proven ability to create illustrations and assets from scratch
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Experience consulting directly with stakeholders
- Excellent judgment, pertaining specifically to managing internal partnerships, negotiating timelines and workload, and setting appropriate guidelines and scope
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, consistently meet deadlines, and champion projects from concept to completion within a fast-paced environment
- A great attitude, a lack of ego, and is a great team player
Nice to Have:
- Experience developing and applying design systems
- Experience working in a product company and following agile development
- Experience making infographics
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS or WordPress
- Experience using Sketch and InVision
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.