Video Editor (Direct Response Ads) w/ a Sense of Humor (Remote Optional)
At Shinesty, our mission is to force the world to take itself less seriously. We make people laugh first and sell second. Our mothers don’t always approve of what we do, but the millions of people we’ve entertained over the years do.
We’re looking for a direct response video editor who can show and sell the hell out of the Shinesty brand. You will work as a collaborative storyteller with the creative team across paid social, our owned web properties, and other channels we’re looking to tell our brand’s story on.
If you have more ideas than you know what to do with, we’ll find a place for them. If you like pleasing and offending, our door is open for you. If you want to work with the weirdest team that exists to remind the world to not take itself so seriously, then we might be a great fit for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quickly and efficiently edit engaging, effective, sales oriented video content for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, on-site, and other channels utilizing in-house footage and existing content.
- Work with the footage received from our in-house videographers, photographers, user-generated content, and other creative assets to create new edits and advertisements.
- Troubleshoot, iterate, and test variations of videos that could have meaningful impacts on their effectiveness and longevity in terms of CTR, video retention rates, and ultimately conversion rates.
- Collaborate with internal creative and content teams to concept, edit, and launch assets based on creative briefs.
- Develop and execute the brand story across all channels.
- Work hand-in-hand with copywriters and videographers to finalize video assets.
- Curate, edit, and finalize video assets.
- Organize assets and design files in an easy to find and easy for other editors to collaborate on.
- Actively run and participate in brainstorming sessions for various creative opportunities across the business.
- Be both a hands-on maker as well as a conceptual & strategic contributor as needed.
- Absolute ninja in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite with an emphasis in Premiere Pro and After Effects (or Apple-related softwares)
- Understanding of paid media/social media ad networks and creative best practices for them
- The ability to prioritize your work, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and adapt to changing priorities in real time
- A great sense of humor
- Loves working with a team, but can also work independently
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Innovates on visual deliverables in a creative way, including relevant visual styles/trends
- Can produce high quality content for paid social channels with quick turnaround times
- Analyzes previous work and hypothesizes optimization opportunities based on data and business learnings
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge including the use of keyframes, easing, motion graphics, animating text, writing expressions, track mattes, and other visual effects
- Color correction/grading proficiency
- 3+ years of video editing experience
- Photoshop and Illustrator experience
- 1+ years experience making creative for digital performance-based marketing
Nice To Haves:
- Audio mixing experience
- Experience with creative testing in marketing
Education and Experience:
- 2-4+ years in video editing at an agency, post-production house, or brand with a portfolio to back it up, ideally working for direct-to-consumer online brands or digital performance-based creative.
- Equity Stake in Shinesty
- Competitive Salary plus generous bonus incentives. Salary range 45,000-65,000
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fully remote or optionally work out of our downtown Denver office
- Dog friendly office
- Flexible PTO, no need to accrue time and you can take as much as you'd like
- Flexible working hours, just get your stuff done and generate results
- All the tools and resources you need to be successful in this role