Gorgias is hiring a
- USA Only
Title: Video Editor
Location: United States – Remote
- Gorgias helps e-commerce companies deliver excellent customer service at scale.
- We integrate email, live chat, voice, Facebook, Instagram, and SMS with Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento.
- Gorgias is a very fast-paced and high-growth company and our team reflects that: we need to be nimble, concise & precise executioners. We value candor & honesty. We love sharing & receiving feedback.
- As a Video editor, you will be joining our US-based Brand Creative team, reporting into our Brand Design Lead located in Chicago (US) and with several projected hires for 2022.
- Because of this lean, young team it is critical the individual hired for this role be a self-starter comfortable working in ambiguity, collaborating with external vendors, and establishing scalable processes and practices.
- The big upside is you’ll enjoy tremendous creative input and freedom.
- The Brand Creative team is responsible for carrying the company’s brand & experience in every aspect and channel of the business.
- Team members are therefore expected to grow in the next 6-12 months to cover more areas of the org including social best practice, messaging strategy & user research.
Examples of ongoing/anticipated projects include:
- Customer story videos
- Educational resource videos (webinars, how-tos, etc.)
- Product announcement videos
What you will do
- Edit and re-edit short-form social media, online, and advertisement videos.
- Collaborate with broader creative team to concept, storyboard, and script videos.
- Coordinate with Community and outside video production teams on on-location customer story videos.
- Assemble, color correct, and work with motion graphics, and perform other functions of post-production as needed.
- Bring product UI to life via motion graphics.
- Work with the design and social media teams to develop contemporary editing styles.
- Import, transcode, and prepare raw footage for editing.
- Generate ADA compliant videos for online use.
- Sort and archive footage as well as maintain a digital video media library.
- Maintain logs and perform other DIT tasks on-set and on-location as needed.
- Some travel (including international) may be required for site-specific shoots or team events
Qualified Candidates will
- Submit Reel/Samples with application (submissions without reel or samples of work will not be considered).
- Have 2+ years of experience as a Video Editor (Preferably some in SaaS/tech)
- Be able to think creatively and translate that into compelling video storytelling.
- Have the ability to execute edits based on direction given
- Have extensive knowledge and experience with video editing software such as FCP, Adobe Premiere, and other CC applications
- Be highly organized and able to multitask
- Possess the ability to take creative direction both independently or as a team member
- Be able to troubleshoot, and be able to work unsupervised.
- Be an excellent performer; deliver high quality results consistently
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism
- Be fluent in English (mandatory)
Company Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary (60th percentile of the market) and equity packages (65th percentile of the market)
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Latest MacBook Pro or equivalent
- Complimentary private health insurance (we use Alan)
- 50% of public transportation reimbursed (Vélib, Navigo, etc.)
- Personal credit card to buy lunches during the week (we use Swile)
- Get up to $700 to set up your workstation at home (working from home should feel breezy)
- Get up to $2000 of learning material (includes books, courses, training sessions, etc.)
- Every quarter we organize a company-wide summit to discuss where we’re going and strengthen the social bonds (once traveling is safe, we’ll transform these summits into offsites!)
Please support us by letting Gorgias know that you found this position on remoteworkers.net.