- USA Only
- United States
- Full time
As a video editor, you will be responsible for making screencast tutorials more engaging and easy to follow!
Interested? See “How to Apply” below to learn more before applying.
Please read all application instructions before applying.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re incredibly positive and enjoy making another person’s day.
- You’re an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You’re comfortable with accepting critical feedback without taking it personally.
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- You’re passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see.
- You enjoy helping others on your team succeed.
You will regularly edit videos to help our users discover how to do amazing things with WordPress and empower them to succeed.
You’ll help us create videos for our YouTube channel and for our product channels.
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assemble and edit raw footage into a finished tutorial.
- Gather additional assets for the video, such as audio and visual effects.
- Create graphics, such as YouTube thumbnails, transitional elements, text and subtitles, animations, or some motion graphics.
- Consult with the video content team to clarify requirements, receive feedback, and make adjustments throughout the entire post-production process.
- Working from a task list in Asana and keeping ahead of schedule with minimal oversight.
- Export finished video for distribution to various platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Keeping up with YouTube trends and making suggestions.
- Optimizing thumbnails for better CTR (click through rate)
- Video Editing: Editing experience in Camtasia, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro or DaVinci Resolve. Ability to edit 8-10 videos a month to start with.
- WordPress.org Experience: You’ll be editing WordPress tutorials, so knowing your way around WordPress will be helpful while editing the raw footage.
- Creativity: video editors are excellent storytellers who thoroughly understand a video’s creative concept and work with raw footage and audio to create a product that fulfills this vision
- Time management: the post-production phase is time-consuming even for short videos, and on top of that, you may have to make several revisions. You’re able to juggle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize your work effectively to meet all deadlines.
- Image Editing: You can efficiently take screenshots; resize and crop images; add text, borders, or other elements; compress images; and upload and format them in WordPress so that they are clear, useful, and look good.
- YouTube Optimization: stay up to date with the latest YouTube trends to improve thumbnails and video performance.
- Previous freelance or remote work experience.
- Personal Computer with Internet Access.
- Availability to participate in audio/video meetings between the hours 9 am – 5 pm EST.
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world the United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Custom branded laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
This is a remote position – our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours are 9am – 5pm ET (UTC -5). While full coverage is not a requirement, you must be available during a portion of the day.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
Please clearly include the following in your cover letter:
- How you found out about this position.
- 3 specific links to videos you have edited and an explanation of your role in the editing process.
- What video that you’ve edited has gotten the BEST results? What were those results?
- An overview of your experience with self-hosted WordPress.org software (not WordPress.com) and our products.
Also note, please don’t forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out 🙂
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly. Qualified candidates may be asked to complete a test assignment.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!