Video Content Creator
Video Content Creator (Remote)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
As a Video Content Creator, you’re responsible for turning complex into simple. You will regularly write, record, and produce educational videos to help our users discover how to do amazing things with WordPress and empower them to succeed. You’ll also dig into how plugins work and do detailed reviews for the best plugins for different use cases.
Attention to detail is one of ourcore values! This is your chance to stand out 🙂
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re a teacher at heart and enjoy explaining concepts and ideas.
- You’re passionate about solving problems and helping people.
- You’re incredibly positive and enjoy making another person’s day.
- You’re an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Creating and editing videos that are engaging, actionable, and error-free.
- Creating your own YouTube thumbnail for each video.
- Uploading and scheduling videos on YouTube.
- Making requested edits without expressing frustration or irritation with the editorial process.
- Conducting YouTube research to identify target topics and using those topics to plan, structure, and optimize your content.
- Planning video calendars in Asana and keeping ahead of schedule with minimal oversight.
- Monitoring YouTube rankings and optimizing existing titles and thumbnails to boost traffic and conversions.
- Communicating with the team and supporting your peers.
- Advanced WordPress.org Experience: You’re comfortable with writing and formatting posts and pages, setting up new self-hosted WordPress sites, installing and configuring themes and plugins, troubleshooting errors, etc.
- Writing and Editing: You can write a well-structured video script in a conversational tone.
- Screencasts: Proficiency with screen recordings (Camtasia, Screenflow, etc.).
- Video Editing: Experience with video/audio editing (Camtasia, Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro, Audacity, etc.).
- Image Editing: You can efficiently create thumbnails, resize and crop images, add text, or other elements.
- SEO: You understand what video SEO is and why it’s important. You know how to research topics and search intent.
- Time Management: You’re able to juggle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize your work effectively to meet all deadlines.
- Previous freelance or remote work experience.
- Personal Computer with Internet Access.
- Availability to participate in audio/video meetings between the hours 9 am – 5 pm ET.
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Health Insurance benefits for all employees in India, Pakistan, Brazil, and Ukraine.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Custom Branded laptop at your five-year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
Want to find out even more about Awesome Motive? Be sure to take a look at our About and Contributions pages for details on how Awesome Motive has continued to evolve in order to best help small businesses grow and compete with the big guys, and how we strive to give back.
This is a remote position – our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours are 9am – 5pm ET (UTC -5). While full coverage is not a requirement, you must be available during a portion of the day.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.