UX/UI Designer with Front-end skills
You are based in the United Kingdom
* NO OVERSEAS APPLICANTS PLEASE - your application will be ignored*
Angle is on the lookout for a highly motivated, skilled full-stack designer who is able to work on front-end code. If you’re able to work with WordPress is a bonus.
You like to work and be fully engaged in your work and basically see design/coding as a hobby – you must have a passion for it and thrive on the fact your code is second to none. We can sniff this out quickly so you might as well be honest!
Who will the job suit?
It would suit someone who has some experience (2 years) but wants to be taken on so they can learn from excellent and established designers and developers.
You like working in a lighthearted environment (via Slack as we are currently remote) within a close-knit team, however, besides this, you don’t mind working on your own and can still be just as motivated. Most importantly you have a sense of humour and you don’t take yourself too seriously.
We are also looking for somebody who is looking for progression.
Why work Angle?
Angle was founded by Ryan Grist, and 18 years on Ryan is thriving to build the business with other like-minded individuals who have the same desire as Ryan for the direction of Angle.
- Minimum of 1-2 year’s experience in UX / UI Design
- Competent in Figma/Sketch or another leading design package with experience designing websites from scratch
- Ability to design and code with accessibility and SEO in mind
- A decent understanding of GIT
- Comfortable with modern build tools such as Webpack.
- Experience with a front-end framework such as Bootstrap/Tailwind
- Extensive experience with cross-browser compatibility & testing
- Strong time-management and organisational skills
- Self-learning and self-starting
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a variety of work
- Strong communication skills and a pro-active work ethic
- Works well within a team
- Great attendance record and someone we know we can rely on
- Happy to be part of client meetings and can represent the agency well
- Attention to detail is paramount
- Experience in other coding platforms and Content Management Systems
- Can start with 1 month’s notice period to current employer
- Can introduce new processes to the agency
- Experience with WordPress templating system
- Knowledge of ReactJS
What you get
- 23 days + bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Accommodating around family commitments
- Remote working
- Workplace pension through Nest
- Relaxed working environment (like pub meetings!)
- We are a no overtime agency (99% of the time) we like you to rest in the evenings and enjoy family time
- Options for progression within the agency
- 5-year progression plans discussed
- Competitive salary
- Access to 1 R&D day (if work permits)
- Profit share scheme for any work introduced to the agency
£30-40k – Based on experience.