- 42 applicants
Who you are:
We are looking for a talented UX/UI Designer to join our team. The ideal candidate will possess a skill set that encompasses both UX and UI and the ability to carry out the implementation with our remote team in an Agile environment. S/he should have a varied experience that included being able to do assist with product research, take concepts from whiteboard to wireframes, through high fidelity prototypes and roll-out to customers. The focus of the job will be working closely with the Product Manager and the development team.
Who we are:
ScholarshipOwl.com is a scholarship search and application productivity tool that helps students obtain scholarships to reduce their out-of-pocket costs, and potentially graduate debt-free. It streamlines and enhances the scholarship search, match and application process, enabling students to work more quickly and efficiently, resulting in an increased odds of earning scholarships.
We are a company that values the investment of time in people and mirror your success with recognition and a career path.
What you will do:
- Plan and implement new designs;
- Optimize existing user interface designs;
- Test for intuitivity and experience;
- Communicate with product manager to understand business goals and objectives;
- Communicate with the development team to understand technical limitations and ease the implementation;
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers;
- Translating requirements into style guides, design systems, design patterns and attractive user interfaces;
- Incorporating customer feedback, usage metrics, and usability findings into design in order to enhance user experience;
- Always strive to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions;
- Create prototypes for new product ideas;
- Test new ideas before implementing;
- Conduct an ongoing user research;
- Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements;
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders.
Qualifications and Competences:
- Extensive experience as a UI/UX Designer, minimum 3 years;
- Strong portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for both web and mobile platforms;
- Extremely proficient in Figma and in Adobe Creative Suite;
- Thorough understanding of user-centered design;
- Strong understanding of the requirements and limitations of mobile/desktop development technologies as well as their impact on UI/UX design;
- Pay strong attention to detail and have a keen eye for aesthetics;
- Have excellent communication skills and can clearly articulate your ideas, designs, and suggestions;
- Strong team player who can collaborate effectively with different stakeholders.
What we offer:
- Fully remote work environment;
- Unlimited vacation days;
- Company summits once or twice a year in different locations;
- $200/month workspace allowance;
- Flexible schedule;
- Hardware budget;
- Very attractive work culture in an established technology company. We take pride in our work and people;
- The ability to contribute to our company and product, and see your contributions come to tangible fruition;
- Opportunity to work in a small but growing company, and have a direct influence on the future of the company;
- Be part of a product that helps millions of students live a better life.
Note: This is a fully remote position, location independent.