- 52 applicants (32%)
OneSeven is a US-based product development studio building apps for industry- changing startups and enterprises. We love building digital products and helping companies succeed in their market. Working at OneSeven is a great opportunity to put your current skills to the test, build new skills, and be an early employee at a growing startup. We are a fully remote workforce with headquarters in Tampa Bay, Florida, and employees worldwide. Our services cover the spectrum for startups, so we can help them plan, design, build, and support high-quality digital products.
Our founder, James, started OneSeven over five years ago after his experience hiring an offshore agency for his pre-seed Ed-Tech startup. The project was unsuccessful due to communication issues, conflicting time zones, and scope creep. Since then, he built OneSeven and tailored our services to support startup founders in need of high quality software development.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a UX/UI Designer at OneSeven, you will take ownership of your products and be able to think strategically, as well as switch between holistic and detailed points of view. We are looking for someone who can operate autonomously while also knowing the value of team collaboration and design feedback within an agile environment. Being someone who asks a lot of questions, and then seeks the answers to those questions is the type of proactive person we are looking for.
Drawing on your knowledge and expertise of UX design, and UI Design, you will help craft innovative solutions for our clients, as well as work on internal projects that increase our efficiency.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design mobile and web experiences for various client projects, which spread across different industries and product types.
- Be able to work on projects that start from scratch or improve existing applications.
- Assist with internal projects when there’s capacity, which can be anything from designing a OneSeven SaaS tool or building out a new design offering for startups.
- Work collaboratively with our strategy and development teams to scope out project requirements and deliver work.
- Get involved earlier in the sales process by doing quick mockups and rapid prototyping for leads in the pipeline to prove that we deliver value.
- Help the marketing team with occasional graphic design projects or new website pages.
- Own the entire design lifecycle from documentation to delivery of high-fidelity designs.
- Complete user and competitive research as needed to help influence design concepts and iterate design work.
- Engage in usability testing and perform design validation research.
- Present your designs with confidence, no matter what stage, and collect actionable feedback for iterating.
- Leverage data to make well thought out and educated design decisions.
- Interact and communicate effectively with key client stakeholders.
- Follow agile methodologies and processes to complete projects.
WHO YOU ARE
- 2-5 years experience working in user experience design/research, interactive design, user interface design, graphic design, branding or a related field.
- Values data-driven and research backed design decisions.
- A proactive go-getter who identifies problems and seeks solutions.
- Can work both autonomously and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience working with fast-paced startups from Pre-Seed to Series A
- Experience working closely with strategist, project manager and developers in an agile environment (sprint backlogs, daily standups, etc).
- Passionate and looking to make an impact through design.
- The startup world excites you and sparks your entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Previous agency experience is a plus!
- Demonstrated written and verbal fluency in English (required)
- Full-time position
- Annual Salary: $50,000 - $80,000 (based on experience)
- Completely remote workforce (work anywhere in the world, as long as you can be available during our company hours 9am-5pm EST)
- Unlimited PTO policy and company wide closures for major US Holidays.
- EOR Based Employment, which includes statutory benefits and proper tax compliance/withholdings.
- 2-5% Christmas Bonus (Based on employee performance and annual salary. Bonuses are distributed in December.)
- $500 annual education stipend you can use as a credit with OneSeven to purchase courses, materials, or other items to help improve your skills.
At OneSeven Technology we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. OneSeven Technology is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.